2001 150 txrz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 150 txrz

Hi fellas. Couple years ago I had oil transfer problems. This forum helped me figure out my ECU was bad. Once I replaced it, my oil transfer issues stopped. However recently I have had a new perplexing issue. When I turn on the motor immediately the alarm sounds. The gauges do not reflect what’s going on with the alarm -meaning oil says it’s full both tanks are full -transfer is happening like it should. If I jiggle the key switch it will turn off or sometimes I have to flip the key switch off and then back on superquick and then it stops. Once the alarm is off, anytime after this that I turn the motor off and then turn it back on the alarm does not sound again. I’m thinking it could be something related to the key switch. Any help would be great!

Sounds to me it is the the key switch.

Comment

Low voltage can cause an alarm. A defective key switch can cause low voltage. To quote our esteemed colleague walleye1 "Sounds to me it is the key switch".

Comment

Awesome. Ill replace it and see what happens. Thanks guys

Comment

Let us know if it fixed it.

Comment

me?
            I would check the voltage.
            them thar key switchs are rather spensive.

Comment

So I bought a new key switch and same thing. Very odd that I can turn the key off and on super quick and it works almost everytime. Meaning the horn stops.

Comment

I have 2 interstate batteries that are only about 6 months old. They are charged every weekend for about 24 hrs before i take the boat out. So I’ll have to start checking some things out. And try to figure out if I have low voltage somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X