No announcement yet.

1990 30 hp 3 cylinder shift cam assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shifter pushes down or pulls back up to change gears.
    in most newer motors they twist to shift

My C40TLRX has the rotate/twist type so I do not know how to install yours.
    Last edited by 99yam40; 03-21-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It definitely does push down and pull up to shift. Do you know how to install it once the bearing carrier has been pulled? I still can't find this information. Thanks in advance.

Comment

looking at the parts breakdown it has a spring and a pin(plunger) inside the hollow part of the prop shaft.

So my guess would be to install the shift shaft/cam assembly before sliding the prop shaft in just like all of the rest..
        the spring will push the pin/plunger too far for the cam to slide in front of it when the cam is pulled out.

But then Walleye said he has done it before

Comment

Thanks again. I'm gonna give it a try soon.

Comment

If you are able to to pull the carrier out part way with the prop shaft you can install the shift slide.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
              If you are able to to pull the carrier out part way with the prop shaft you can install the shift slide.
              Pulling the carrier part way and NOT replacing the O-Ring seal (between it and the case) sounds like a potential leak fixin to happen...
              Especially with the age of the engine.

I did a Sazuk 140 (had to weld up a cracked LU case) and re-sealed the carrier with a new o-ring.. If I had to partially remove that carrier, I'd pull it all the way, clean and re-seal at least that end of it.. That'd be the time to do it...
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
              X