2005 f250TURD lower unit compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 f250TURD lower unit compatibility

I have a 2005 f250 4 stroke and need to replace my lower unit. I was wondering if a 2011 lower unit will work. The only difference I'm able to find is the dual water pick up. It seems that the 2005 and 2006 were the last years of the single. Thanks in advance for any help.

Part number 6P2-45300-50-8D will plug and play with your motor.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My motor is the 25" or txrd which gives me two part choices.

6p2-45300-30-8D or 6p245300-20-8D

what are the differences?

also when I looked up a 2011 lower unit the only difference in numbers for a 25" was the 6p2-45300-50-8D. What does the number that changes represent? I'd like to find a used OEM but don't know if 2006 and later will work.

Comment

The title of this thread is about a 2005 F250TURD lower unit. U indicating the lower unit is for a motor with a 30" shaft length.

You now indicate that you have an F250TXRD. A motor with a 25" shaft length.

Is the question about interchanging a 30" lower unit with a 25" lower unit or is the question about using a later year F250TXR lower unit on an early year F250TXR model?

What is it that you want to do?

Comment

I dont know how to edit original post but I have a 25" txrd and would like to use a later year txr model.

Comment

Any F250TXR lower unit will work on any F250TXR model motor.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My motor is the 25" or txrd which gives me two part choices. 6p2-45300-30-8D or 6p245300-20-8D what are the differences? also when I looked up a 2011 lower unit the only difference in numbers for a 25" was the 6p2-45300-50-8D. What does the number that changes represent?

Comment

Originally posted by Cjames83 View Post
                Thanks for the information. My motor is the 25" or txrd which gives me two part choices. 6p2-45300-30-8D or 6p245300-20-8D what are the differences? also when I looked up a 2011 lower unit the only difference in numbers for a 25" was the 6p2-45300-50-8D. What does the number that changes represent?
                Where in the world are you getting your information from?

Those are not part number choices. Those are two completely different parts for different F250 models.

The -20-8D lower unit fits an F250TXRD whereas the -30-8D fits an F250TURD. One has a 25" shaft and the other has a 30" shaft.

A 2011 F250TXR came with an part number 6P2-45300-40-8D lower unit. Part number 6P2-45300-50-8D is for an F250TUR model.

Comment

Comment

I will say that is a somewhat peculiar aspect of Yamaha's parts listings.

'on the one hand' it is convenient to see the listing for the other length right there

but at the same time, to get to that page,

one did select the "X" choice, NOT the also available "U" choice...

once one comfortably understands, its great

but not so much early on,

those red "notes" off to the right are not really that obvious....

Comment

And I guess the OP wants to know what the differences are between them in case he encounters one in his search. As lower units came with the drive shaft, that length is obviously different the remaining possibly being the same. So there maybe the option of swapping the driveshaft if one wants to go to that trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                        I will say that is a somewhat peculiar aspect of Yamaha's parts listings.

'on the one hand' it is convenient to see the listing for the other length right there

but at the same time, to get to that page,

one did select the "X" choice, NOT the also available "U" choice...

once one comfortably understands, its great

but not so much early on,

those red "notes" off to the right are not really that obvious....
                        It gets worse. The red notes off to the right, that are not really that obvious, get dropped from the parts book at certain vendors website.

Comment

Working...
                        X