Oil Tank Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Tank Kit

I recently bought an Oil tank Kit, 6YR-W0035-92. My pump was shot and the metal frame to hold the tank was shot, so I bought the kit. I noticed that there is a primer on the line with this kit. My current set up doesn't have a primer, and I never had to prime the line for it to work. Is this an update to the kit, or should I just use the old line? Does the tank line have to be primed before I use it every time? Thanks for any imputs. I have a 2001 0X-66 150 motor.

I have never seen a primer bulb on a yamaha oil system, just on omc. I have a used tank complete if you are interested.

Comment

Interesting. I continue to learn every darn day. The kit includes part number 6Y2-24307-50-00. This is what is known by Yamaha as "fuel pipe complete". What we would call a fuel hose with the primer ball.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...rc-2004/fuel-2

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the replies, once I pulled everything out, I realized this was separate like mentioned above. Unit installed, extra primer bulb in the parts box.

Comment

What the hell, I don't think I would use it with that primer bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
              What the hell, I don't think I would use it with that primer bulb.
              Why not ???????

Extra ? marks to get to the character number needed.

Comment

Now that I think about it, if the remote tank pump were to fail then the primer ball could be used to transfer oil in the remote tank to the engine mounted main tank.

Just like it can be used to supply fuel to a motor if and when a lift pump goes kaput.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Now that I think about it, if the remote tank pump were to fail then the primer ball could be used to transfer oil in the remote tank to the engine mounted main tank.

Just like it can be used to supply fuel to a motor if and when a lift pump goes kaput.
                  Make sure the bulb is aligned vertically or the boat may sink.

Comment

Why not ???????

Check valves, how many can you have on a oil pumping system.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                      Why not ???????

Check valves, how many can you have on a oil pumping system.
                      Depends.

What comes to mind: Depends on the resistance that the check valve(s) imparts to fluid flow; whether the check valve(s) is on the suction side or the pressure side; on the strength of the pump(s).

What else?

Comment

PineIsland... Just an FYI... if you haven't already installed things, you could use a $10 battery hold down tray/strap for the oil tank. It sure is a heck of a lot less expensive than the Yamaha bracket.
                        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

When I bought the Bluewater 2350, One of the first things was to replace the oil tank pump. In seeing its corroded condition and mounting location, I coated the new pump in CorrosionX before it ever saw any service.
                          PineIsland, you may want to to consider doing something similar. Carefully remove the pump from the plastic tank housing and apply some sort of corrosion resistant barrier to protect the new pump from moisture, especially if mounted in the bilge.

In choosing, I would select something that will not deteriorate rubber components.

I recently found Fluid Film will swell and soften some rubber products. So I would not use that, but FluidFilm works great on the trailer hitch, winch, tongue wheel jack, and leaf springs...
                          If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Mariners-Ware...a-575570869138

Comment

http://www.afbproducts.com/2014/12/o...-outboard.html

Comment

Working...
                              X