Hpdi fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hpdi fuel issue

Hello All, I have a 2003 z150txrb HPDI motor that will crank but not fire.
    i changed the boat mounted filer, the low pressure filter on the port side of motor and the inline filter after the vst since the boat has not been in use for 4 months. Then when I went to start it would crank but not start.

filter bowl on port side of engine stay only 3/4 full just under the actual filter inside.

vst fills because I can drain it.

for trouble shooting I disconnected the line after the inline filter, after vst and cranked engine, no fuel came out.

I then removed vst.

i then bypassed the port side filter and plugged inlet to filter to inlet of mechanical pump and cranked engine, still no discharge fuel from input line to vst. The mechanical pumps should pump on cranking correct?

pumping the fuel bulb would run fuel out of disconnected vst inlet hose.

took my vst off today to open it up and replace the electric pump filter, any ideas on how I can test vst electric pump while I have it apart in ?

Also what else should I be looking at while I have the vst open?

I’d be interested in any ideas

Yes, your lift pumps are vacuum operated diaphragm pumps. I believe they fill the VST.
    Do you indicate voltage at the VST injection pump?
    I is like ly something coincidental to the work you performed considering it was running before this preventative maintenance.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Look over your work a fifth time, assuming that you have already looked it over at least four times already.

Do you run regular pump gasoline (e-10) or do you have rec fuel in the tank. I wonder if you had phase separation and now the bottom of the tank is watery alcohol. Unscrew and dump the vessel fuel water separator/filter can into a clear sauerkraut jar for inspection.

Let us know what you find out and when you get her running, please report what you believe was the cure.
    Cheers!
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Check the electrical side of the equation.

Comment

Yep does the 12 volts+ get to the pump ?
        and does the negative get completed to make the pump run?

Comment

Misting gasoline into the air intake box can help to isolate the problem. If it fires up it is fuel related. If not, well...

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Misting gasoline into the air intake box can help to isolate the problem. If it fires up it is fuel related. If not, well...
            Or an extinguisher propane torch...
            If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Working...
            X