Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
    Didn't it depend on the hp?
    Depends upon the model. TLH models come with a tiller handle. THR models come without a tiller handle but can be retrofit with a tiller handle.

Comment

Comment

We would order an engine in and install a handle kit with no horn. The engine came with a harness and a horn
        but tech support could not tell you how to hook it up inside the cowling with a handle.

Comment

Where is the horn?

Comment

Where is the horn?
            From the Yamaha parts book I cannot tell. I am waiting on the OP to tell me where the pink wire goes. Should go to the buzzer. Or where a buzzer was mounted.

I think.

Comment

Maybe the buzzer is mounted outside of the motor. Like a tachometer would be.

Comment

Most boats I rigged did not have a tach. I started to wire them inside of the cowl.

Comment

Most boats I rigged did not have a tach. I started to wire them inside of the cowl.
                  How did the user view it?

Comment

We would order an engine in and install a handle kit with no horn. The engine came with a harness and a horn
                    but tech support could not tell you how to hook it up inside the cowling with a handle.
                    Were the motors an H or a R model?

What did you do with the external wiring and horn?
                    was the rest of the external wiring harness for a tach?

Comment

I am at a loss in finding those wire pigtails ( yellow,pink) I will look again this weekend and hopefully have success in locating them. When i do I will report back. Thanks for all the info !

Comment

Do you see the wire harness that comes out of the motor? Item #20 in the illustration?

Comment

I thought it showed #18 coming out of the front of the motor and # 20 plugged into that

Comment

It is item #20 that I am talking about. Wherever it is located. Inside or outside the cowling.

Comment

Boscoe,

I located the wires coming out of # 20. Now I will get a warning buzzer and figure out a place to mount it. Thanks for all your help and input. I will have peace of mind knowing I will have a warning buzzer.

Thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by JPJ View Post
                                Boscoe,

I located the wires coming out of # 20. Now I will get a warning buzzer and figure out a place to mount it. Thanks for all your help and input. I will have peace of mind knowing I will have a warning buzzer.

Thanks again !
                                Hold on now you cannot just leave without telling us where those wires are located and where/ what the rest of that wiring harness goes to

Comment

Working...
                                X