1996 Yamaha Pro 60 Tiller warning buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Yamaha Pro 60 Tiller warning buzzer

I picked up this motor last summer and really like it. In this endless winter here in Minnesota I have been taking pieces off the motor and cleaning them up. I was looking at the parts list on this website and it shows that this model has a warning buzzer. I have looked every where and cannot seem to locate it. I had a 92' Pro 60 tiller previously and that motor was not equipped with one. In the parts diagram it shows that this year and model has one. Can someone point me in the right direction .
    Thanks !

The model you have should be a P60TLHU. Is this correct? Where in the parts catalog are you seeing the buzzer?

Comment

The newer tiller handles,the buzzers were built in the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
        The newer tiller handles,the buzzers were built in the handle.
        is 1996 a newer model?

Comment

Found it. I love a good mystery.

Comment

Mine must not be considered a newer model. I took the handle off to repaint it and there is no buzzer in the handle. I took off the underside plastic cover thinking it might be in there. Nope. I am going to look in the shroud area next. If I find it I will post it's location just in case someone in the future is looking for it.

Comment

I just looked and I can't find anything that resembles a buzzer. Yes, my model # is P60TLHU. It is a mystery.

Comment

Is it possible that the buzzer is for remote motors only, not tillers ?

Comment

looking at this parts breakdown it shows #18 as a wire harness extension and it is mounted and coming out of the front of the motor pan.
                  #20 is a lead wire that looks to plug into #18.
                  do you see anything like that coming off of the front of your motor?
                  if so Boscoe believes on the other end of #20 some wires should tie into the buzzer

Comment

Yamaha does not sell an outboard with a tiller handle. You will have to add it inside the cowling.

Comment

Originally posted by JPJ View Post
                      Is it possible that the buzzer is for remote motors only, not tillers ?
                      Did you not find the two wire pairs in the wire harness diagram that I supplied? If you found the two wire pairs was one of the wires pink? If you found the pink wire and it was not connected to the buzzer then perhaps someone removed the buzzer. Maybe it was their fix when they were tired of hearing the warning horn.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                        Yamaha does not sell an outboard with a tiller handle. You will have to add it inside the cowling.
                        Say again please?

As far as I recall all of the XXTLHX models came with a tiller handle.

Comment

Comment

Didn't it depend on the hp?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X