No announcement yet.

Condenser question for pstephens46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I did not even know they kept up with putting out GTOs.
    never crossed my mind to even look at GM cars over the years.
    been a Ford guy all of my life.
    except for the 67 LeManns I took from a guy for the money he owed me back in the middle 70s.

Was it not the 69 judge that was running a 600hp motor?

If I could have any of the cars I have owned in the past, it would be a hard chose.
    65 Mustang 2+2
    65 T Bird
    67 Cougar

I liked them all

maybe the 55 F100 or the 51 international PU

But then I enjoy the modern day F150s, less up keep
    Last edited by 99yam40; 02-13-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Man I did not even know they kept up with putting out GTOs.
      never crossed my mind to even look at GM cars over the years.
      been a Ford guy all of my life.
      except for the 67 LeManns I took from a guy for the money he owed me back in the middle 70s.

Was it not the 69 judge that was running a 600hp motor?

If I could have any of the cars I have owned in the past, it would be a hard chose.
      65 Mustang 2+2
      65 T Bird
      67 Cougar

I liked them all

maybe the 55 F100 or the 51 international PU

But then I enjoy the modern day F150s, less up keep
      I remember “the judge” models. They are worth some big bucks now. The reincarnation was maybe 4-5 years mid 2000s. Before Pontiac shut down for good. Nothing really happened with it. Didn’t catch on. Maybe gas prices. Who knows?

Comment

Yep, very well built car, lots were used here as Police Highway Patrol cars, unfortunately the manufacturing plant has now closed and "our" car is now some fairy pants imported Opel! no V8 option now, Ford Australia is also closing shop, but they continue to import the Mustang, so at least they have maintained the V8 option.

Comment

and to think all I mostly ran between age 18 and about 40 was a W-30 442.
          455,sometimes I ran an M21,sometimes an m22,hurst copition plus shifter.factory,cold air induction,red plastic fender wells,no power steering no power brakes. It did have discs up front. anm O type 12bolt 3.90 posi rear.
          sometimes I ran a turbo 400 with the his and hers shifter.
          with a toronado 6 qt pan,some C casting heads and .060 over TRW forged 10.5 sliugs and an edlebrock torker 800 holly spread bore with 4 corner idle circuits mechanicall secondary double pumper. it could turn mid 12's through the mufflers. changed gears at 7200 in a bind, normally about 6500.
          air bag in the right rear coil spring to aid in traction, Remmington L60x15 and partially setting the parking brake helped it launch a bit better with a tad less wheel spin.
          I spent many years playing with springs,shock and rear control arms.
          fun car and it did out last the Ex a few years.
          got tired of it let it sit a few years and gave it to a friend.

Comment

Trying to remember if I ever pulled the cap back off of any thing to readjust the dwell, I an sure I did.
            Usually if it was close after setting with feeler gauge I called it good.
            GM did make things so much easier for the techs with the adjustable while running points units
            With the metal cover slide up, dwell was set at 30 degree's

I swapped a 350 into my 68 Chevelle many moons ago. The 350 always misfired on the top end (Quadrajet 4 bbl)

Bought a dwell meter from Sears, and checked the dwell. Darn, the meter is not reading right, bouncing about.

Further investigation indicated the meter was fine, turned out some of the lobes were worn down in the distributor...

With a new (to the car), distributor, fixed the misfire, ran great! Then it got STOLEN shortly after being re-painted. (LI NY)..
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

what did you pull out of that Chevell to put in the 350?
              396?

was the 350 a junk yard motor?

A room mate in school up at Waco tx had a Nova he put a 350 into, that little car was scary

Comment

what did you pull out of that Chevell to put in the 350?
                396?

was the 350 a junk yard motor?

A room mate in school up at Waco tx had a Nova he put a 350 into, that little car was scary
                Wish I had a 396.

It was my first car (about 1975), in-line six (with a cam lobe GONE), and Powerglide auto, bench seat (black interior)

Yes, it was a junk yard motor, double bump heads. (don't know if they were 202 heads-probably)

Did that swap first, then later yanked the two speed and put a 3 speed manual (thru the floor shifter) stick (couldn't afford a 4 speed, was about 17 at the time).

Black bucket seats installed, HD front springs (car now sat high) and then painted it (dark maroon-gorgeous color). Cragers as well...

Not a month later, it got towed away in the middle of night (my neighbors, OLD aged mother watched)- She thought it was me working on the car at 2:00AM...

My friend just bought a #'s matching, 70 Chevelle SS, 396, 4 speed, re-painted (COMPLETE TEAR DOWN) vin matching red, Factory black hood and trunk strips, black vinyl top, black interior, solid cam, ladder bars, no A/C . Was stripped down for racing by the PO. He's put all the original factory options back in. GEORGEOUS CAR..

I have first dib's on it when /if he sells it...
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-14-2019, 01:29 PM.
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I often think of getting back into hotrodding. thankfully I am sober come daylight.
                  but with the knowledge I have now and the crazy amount of tuning ECU's avalible, I could easily make 650 HP out of a 455 at 6200 and maintain a mostly smoth idle at about 700 RPM.

Comment

Working...
                  X