Ford F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford F150

I just love it when it all comes together. For a change. Usually a simple job goes to sh1t.

2005 truck lost all power. Check engine light on. Turned motor off and restarted it. Ran normally. Or so I thought.

Put the scanner on it. Two throttle body codes. Bought a new TB from online company. 125 bucks. Made in China. Installed same. 9 bolts. Three electrical connectors. About a 15 minute job.

Cleared the codes. Truck started right back up. Throttle response seems so much better. Perhaps it had degraded over time and I did not know it.

Only thing I don't like about the motor is the way that it races at a cold start up. Has done this since day one. Goes from 0 RPM to just under 2000 RPM.

What motor?

My 2000 was a v6 put almost 200K on it only had 1 MAS problem.
    Have almost 90K on my 2014 with the 5.0L v8 now.
    had the trans repaired under warranty because it had a whine just before the 36K mark

Comment

5.4 liter Triton.

Now looking at a Toyota Tundra. Should be the last vehicle I ever own.

Comment

Naw, it will likely get wrecked before it is out of warranty so you will get another.
        heck I have been hit twice in my 2014 while sitting at a red light.
        all I got was new bumper and trailer hitches out of it. after all it is a ford.

But I hope not and you out live that Toyota truck and get an all electric one before your time comes

Comment

Boscoe needs a gmc duramax.

Comment

My Four Runner, cold, idles at about 1,300. Hot, 600 with no A/C on, 650 with A/C

Very, very few issues since 2001, love it..
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Think all these modern motors rev
              at start up. Even the F150 Yamaha.

Comment

They do that to get the oil psi up.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  Think all these modern motors rev
                  at start up. Even the F150 Yamaha.
                  My Yammy F150, with chilly water, cold, rev's COLD at about 800, maybe 9 if really cold..

It doesn't go into gear till it drops to 700. Might take 2-3 minutes idling.
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Is it the Ford 5.4 V8 with the spark plug challenge? Easy to snap them when removing.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                      Is it the Ford 5.4 V8 with the spark plug challenge? Easy to snap them when removing.
                      That is what I have heard. Plus there is one that is all but impossible to get to.

Comment

It was my understanding that on newer motors with Idle air control Valves that reset to 100 % at turn off , they start up and idle high until the ECU and valve can bring it back down to normal

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          5.4 liter Triton.

Now looking at a Toyota Tundra. Should be the last vehicle I ever own.
                          I don't think you will be disappointed with a Toyota. I have a 2003 Camry and Corrola, both have been trouble free, except for regular maintenance items...brakes and such. The Corrola revs about 1500-1700 when cold and takes quite awhile to idle down, the Camry don't Rev on cold start much at all.
                          Best car I ever had was a 1990 Camry which had over 500K on it when I sold it for $500 to a young guy as a beater.

Comment

Corrosion is the killer of vehicles up here..body rots off long before you can wear out the drive train. I expect it is the opposite down your guys way.

Comment

As long as you do not drive in the salt water driving down the beach, or throw your cast net and bait bucket into the back of the bed and have salt water slosh out all over the place our vehicles hold up well

Comment

Working...
                              X