X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

That post was meant for the *****.

Not for you Holmen98, my apologies..
    Your apology is accepted. I was a little confused about your comment but figured out later it had something to do with another thread.

No hard feelings.

I have learned so much from reading all the posts in this forum for several years and I think it is sad with the arguing. Just let everybody write what they think and not get offended (for everybody), everyone can learn from one another through discussion. I try to contribute where I think I have some valuable input even though I might be wrong, if I’m corrected I can take it and learn from it, just don’t like arguing and offensive writing. Just be nice to each other and continue the valuable knowledge and help given in here .

No better feeling when you really can help someone out with a problem.
    Last edited by holmen78; 02-05-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Well that spiraled out of control a bit...

i ordered all new parts. Be here soon.

i did find out, through some internet research, that when guys do not run a thermostat not a restrictor washer in its place that air can get trapped in the highest point in the system. For awhile guys would drill and tap a hole in that location to get the air out.

the way I understand it is with a thermostat and PRV, the system builds enough pressure that it forces the air out.

would like to add that this group is AWESOME.. joining here should be prerequisite for owning a Yamaha. Greatly appreciate all your input.
      Last edited by mitch184; 02-06-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post
        Well that spiraled out of control a bit...

i ordered all new parts. Be here soon.

i did find out, through some internet research, that when guys do not run a thermostat not a restrictor washer in its place that air can get trapped in the highest point in the system. For awhile guys would drill and tap a hole in that location to get the air out.

the way I understand it is with a thermostat and PRV, the system builds enough pressure that it forces the air out.

would like to add that this group is AWESOME.. joining here should be prerequisite for owning a Yamaha. Greatly appreciate all your input.
        Was there a thermostat in there?

If not, I guess this "MOD" was to bleed air out...

Wanna be engineers I guess...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

It did have a good thermostat and PRV. I did order new ones just to be safe though.

As mentioned.... all new parts in the way.

Comment

Working...
          X