Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    If that needle is stuck down in the carb , you may need a new #2 carb

are all of the carbs with that gunk in them?
    Wow... you called it. Tried everything including an EZ out. Wow this motor is turning into a nightmare.

wheres the cheapest place to buy a seevice manual...

Comment

Right here.

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...IT-18616-02-66

Comment

Soak it with a penetrating oil.

If that doesn't do it, drill and tap the plunger. Insert bolt, tap (gently), work the bolt (try to spin the plunger with the bolt), keep working at it...It'll come out..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I went at it one more time with a frozen ez out and got it out. Doesn’t look marred down in there. Will try new valve when it shows up before buying the new carb. The carb looked shockingly clean. All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post
            I went at it one more time with a frozen ez out and got it out. Doesn’t look marred down in there. Will try new valve when it shows up before buying the new carb. The carb looked shockingly clean. All of them.
            You can really clean up that orifice (where the plunger goes) with half an ear cleaner, in a drill motor, with some metal cleaner. Attach cleaner to motor, cleaning material to the cotton tip and run it around the bore. It'll polish up nicely..

*Same thing works for a carb needle BORE that's craped up..
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post
              Which might be why it ran so well when warmed up. Seems the Primestart device was not priming.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Which might be why it ran so well when warmed up. Seems the Primestart device was not priming.
                Agreed, plunger froze shut in the carb body!
                Scott

Comment

Alright...…. deep cleaned all the carbs. They really didn't look that bad... Just the thermal solenoid was gummed up. Installed the new electrothermal valve. Syncd the carbs. Primed the bulb with the red switch on auto and bam...…. fired right up.

Had to adjust the idle mixture screws to about 1 1/2 turn outs to smooth the idle but after that it'll idle right at 800. Works great...

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back.

You say you had the red switch in the ON position. How does it cold start in the automatic position?

Comment

Thanks for the feed back.

You say you had the red switch in the ON position. How does it cold start in the automatic position?
                      Quote: " red switch on auto" end quote.

Sounds like it was set to automatic. Probably should have typed "set" vs "on"....

Plus 1 on the feed back!
                      Scott

Comment

Roscoe be slipping.

Comment

Haha. Yes. The red switch was all the way counter clockwise in the auto position. Sorry for the bad explanation. It fired in auto so I left it!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                            Roscoe be slipping.
                            Yes I are. But not this time.

His original post said he had it in the ON position. He changed it to read the auto position.

Comment

Yes I are. But not this time.

His original post said he had it in the ON position. He changed it to read the auto position.
                              10-4. Hell I’ve edited a few myself

Comment

Working...
                              X