Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borescope opinions please.. Buying new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borescope opinions please.. Buying new...

I'm looking at buying one or the other below. Seems by price and description the first one is best.

Any other brands with better performance, please advise...

I've never heard of the brand, don't want anything that uses a smart phone...
    Mostly to be used on engines..

Opinions / experience's? Thanks...

The $149.00 model:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2X3YFS02&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2X3YFS02&psc=1

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Can’t offer opinions as I don’t have one. I would think screen/camera resolution would be very important. Smartphone screens have amazing resolution and that might be a reason to consider them.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Can’t offer opinions as I don’t have one. I would think screen/camera resolution would be very important. Smartphone screens have amazing resolution and that might be a reason to consider them.
      I don't have a smart phone nor want one... Thus, I'd like an all in one unit...
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

I don't have a smart phone nor want one... Thus, I'd like an all in one unit...
        I did not want one either. But then. Converted my flip Tracfone to a $30 smart phone Tracfone. Can't go without it now. Amazing what you can get for a mere $30 bucks. It is a pay as you go service. I don't use it much as a phone so no charges there. I turn off cellular data and only use it within range of a wifi station. Use it some for texts but they are only a thousand for five bucks.

Comment

The higher the resolution the better. Scopes are dirt cheap now, if you wanted one 15 years ago you would pay dearly for it.

We have one at work that was $5000, 20 years ago, great scope. BUT now we have a bunch of scopes similar to the ones you show for everyday use and keep the expensive ones for special work.

Great tool.

Comment

I use a BK6000 from snap on. It has the optional side view head.
            pricey but it works well.
            turn the audio off if your going to send a video to someone.

Comment

Both have the same resolution.

The more expensive one has a 9' "line" and is apparently more water proof.

The other is 3' long, still waterproof (I don't see myself in a water line (much less 9' of it))

With only 3', I think a bit easier mostly to scope engines, etc.

Whatcha think?
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                Both have the same resolution.

The more expensive one has a 9' "line" and is apparently more water proof.

The other is 3' long, still waterproof (I don't see myself in a water line (much less 9' of it))

With only 3', I think a bit easier mostly to scope engines, etc.

Whatcha think?
                Unless it would be too unwieldy, I might go for the longer version. It might come in handy around the house. AC, plumbing etc. I have heard Roscoe uses his to peek under his neighbor’s doors.

Comment

. I have heard Roscoe uses his to peek under his neighbor’s doors. HA HA. He is busted.

Comment

Great points gentleman, thank you!!.

Guess I know what to order now!
                    Scott

Comment

Just an FYI,

Got the unit yesterday and played a little with it.

Pretty slick, build in LEDs (adjustable at the camera head).

Works pretty good, certainly well enough to see anything inside a combustion chamber, etc..

After Amazon discounts, free shipping, paid $109.99 to the door!!!
                      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-26-2019, 07:35 PM. Reason: wrote the wrong price..
                      Scott

Comment

Jeez you people get stuff cheap!
                        I notice they are called endoscopes, a few medical examinations possible?

Comment

just need to find or make a hole to stick it into

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
                            Jeez you people get stuff cheap!
                            I notice they are called endoscopes, a few medical examinations possible?
                            Heck, it's Chinese made... I saw units as cheap as $35 and up.

This was supposed be $149.99. (Saw them on line from $60-$150 for the same unit). I go to check out and it's on sale for $109.99.

**(I incorrectly posted earlier $26, that was also from Amazon (brain fart) but was an automotive scanner (plugs into the cars puter and finds fault codes). THAT was originally $88.88 I got for $26.66** :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for med exams, depends on who's asking!

Please turn your head and cough, NOT!
                            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-26-2019, 07:42 PM.
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X