No announcement yet.

2007 f115tlr drive shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have progressive and pay for prop plus protection or whatever it’s called, it’s a 250 dollar deductible and pays for natural wear and tear on the lower unit, just hoping they will just consider it a wash and pay for a new lower unit I couldn’t find anyone in central Florida willing to rebuild it they only want to sell a complete lower unit

Comment

Originally posted by planseafishing View Post
      I have progressive and pay for prop plus protection or whatever it’s called, it’s a 250 dollar deductible and pays for natural wear and tear on the lower unit, just hoping they will just consider it a wash and pay for a new lower unit I couldn’t find anyone in central Florida willing to rebuild it they only want to sell a complete lower unit
      If insurance pays for that Roscoe will eat his hat. Why rebuild? Go with the JBweld for starters as suggested. And reseal. 50-60 bucks if you DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

If insurance pays for that Roscoe will eat his hat. Why rebuild? Go with the JBweld for starters as suggested. And reseal. 50-60 bucks if you DIY.
        For sure! That’s why I was reaching out to you guys for ideas, by all means I am very novice but I am willing to learn

Comment

If you think your insurance will pay why have you not talked to them yet to verify?

If they will not, then clean it all up good and see how it goes rigging it the best you can.

You have not cleared up ( explained) where the water was getting into yet

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            If you think your insurance will pay why have you not talked to them yet to verify?

If they will not, then clean it all up good and see how it goes rigging it the best you can.

You have not cleared up ( explained) where the water was getting into yet
            Yah they have a rep coming out today, and I think I mis spoke about the seal after apon further research and some cleaning the seal seems fine

Comment

When I asked about how tight the impeller fit, that was WITHOUT THE KEY INSTALLED.

I was trying to determine IF the shaft diameter was also buggered up, the impeller should fit snug with and W/O the key.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                When I asked about how tight the impeller fit, that was WITHOUT THE KEY INSTALLED.

I was trying to determine IF the shaft diameter was also buggered up, the impeller should fit snug with and W/O the key.
                it fits snug with out key installed

Comment

For sure! That’s why I was reaching out to you guys for ideas, by all means I am very novice but I am willing to learn
                  Does post 43 make sense? Clean out that brutalized mess of a hole with solvent. Fill it with JB Weld, stick key in and use the impeller as a jig to hold key in place for 24 hours. Most
                  likely will work like a charm.

Comment

Does post 43 make sense? Clean out that brutalized mess of a hole with solvent. Fill it with JB Weld, stick key in and use the impeller as a jig to hold key in place for 24 hours. Most
                    It might and probably will work, but that shaft looks damaged enough to weaken it?.....

Comment

Mercury's impellers do not fit tight.

Comment

yes, and suggestion on what to clean it with?

Comment

yes, and suggestion on what to clean it with?
                          Brake cleaner, then lacquer thinner
                          Scott
                          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

JUST GETTING ALL OF THE OIL OFF OF THE METAL IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
                            dam it I did not mean to have the cap lock on, but not going to redo it

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              JUST GETTING ALL OF THE OIL OFF OF THE METAL IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
                              dam it I did not mean to have the cap lock on, but not going to redo it
                              You keep yelling for no reason and the neighbors will call the cops.

Comment

My vote is to clean and install too. Go fish...

If you are really going to go with the JB weld, clean the shaft, the key and the slot, apply the pooky doo. Lubricate the impeller with a light coat of grease (we don't want to weld the impeller onto the shaft)...

Now, really. Remember the resistance on the key is the friction of the impeller on the water pump cup and the water pressure. And it is always in the same direction, constantly, from ignition key turn to turn. Is it OMC that has that flat spot on the shaft and the unique light key assembly to hold the impeller?

I like it right, my life regularly depends on it.
                                At this point I was going to say that I'd be comfortable putting a new key in there and just let it ride, then I was thinking about the brass in the impeller cracking at the shaft slot.

If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Working...
                                X