• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by holmen78 View Post
    Maybe these pictures will help you?
    Good diagram....it will help me.

Comment

Mitch184 can I ask how all this started in the first place? Leaking, not working properly after a manual let down..ect?

Comment

Thanks. Diagram did help. Started because the trim was slow to come down and the fluid was really low when I checked it. From there I started bleeding and adding fluid. New motor to me and was just trying to make sure everything had clean fluid, filters, etc while I’m breaking it in. The fill plug looks newer than the trim unit the threads on the reservoir look a little abused.

Thinking maybe thr plug was stripped at some point and there’s metal in the unit. Ultimately it’s gonna get rebuilt. Think I’m out of “easy” options.

Comment

Having recently experienced PTT issues with my '98 (original PTT) and reading most these threads....lots of helpful tips. The system is pressurized, so remember every time you open the reservior and close the unit needs to be re-pressurized by following steps to de-air. If you've done that and still experience issues, rule out the motor and wiring. Still have issues then you're s.o.l. Good news is, read this link for an option to rebuild instead of replace.

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...ebuild-service
          Jason
          1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

the system is sealed, but not pressurized.
            at least not under pressure until the pump pushes fluid one way or the other.

Air cannot get in and fluid should not get out when in good working order

Comment

Being a "new" to the Op engine, obviously the PO didn't reveal the issue.

It's not like some issue just started, we have no idea of the previous history...

I suspect he'll be sending it out for the proper repair as something internal is obviously not right...
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                Being a "new" to the Op engine, obviously the PO didn't reveal the issue.

It's not like some issue just started, we have no idea of the previous history...

I suspect he'll be sending it out for the proper repair as something internal is obviously not right...
                Bingo.... I bled the living bejesus out of it and it will now power down all the way. However I feel like it’s straining the motor. Bleeding it causes the motor to get hot.

bottom line it’s works in a pinch, but if I use the release screw to try and lower the motor it stops on the trim rams. No amount of force or weight will trim down unless you close the screw and power trim down. Likewise, I noticed the tilt is slowly letting go if I hold the motor up.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post

Bingo.... I bled the living bejesus out of it and it will now power down all the way. However I feel like it’s straining the motor. Bleeding it causes the motor to get hot.

bottom line it’s works in a pinch, but if I use the release screw to try and lower the motor it stops on the trim rams. No amount of force or weight will trim down unless you close the screw and power trim down. Likewise, I noticed the tilt is slowly letting go if I hold the motor up.
                  Yep, it should, with the release opened, drop down fully on it's own weight..

If that electric motor is getting that hot going down (from what I've read here, it takes more power going DOWN, than up), you want to address it before that pump motor fails. Aftermarket motors work but are not quite the quality of a genuine Yamaha motor (thus the "painting" post). If you send it out, I'd request to keep the old motor installed (or better yet, inspect, & new brushes if the rest looks good).

The hydraulics are the main issue right now (obviously).
                  Scott

Comment

I am having the same problem on my Yamaha 60f 2 stroke.
                    will go up perfectly, and will go down to the 2 trim rams and stop. undo the manual release valve and will go down.
                    i have rebuilt this unit completely, because of trim seals were nackered, the unit was stripped completely and and flushed out with diesel, and then re assemble back together.
                    but will not budge.
                    has anyone had this issue and resolved the problem, as I am ot a loose end now . 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Tibbs1985 View Post
                      I am having the same problem on my Yamaha 60f 2 stroke.
                      will go up perfectly, and will go down to the 2 trim rams and stop. undo the manual release valve and will go down.
                      i have rebuilt this unit completely, because of trim seals were nackered, the unit was stripped completely and and flushed out with diesel, and then re assemble back together.
                      but will not budge.
                      has anyone had this issue and resolved the problem, as I am ot a loose end now . 👍
                      Did the "issue" start AFTER the rebuild (or before)?
                      Scott

Comment

Replace the gear pump

Comment

Hi after the rebuild it started, but I was very precise on everything going back together properly.
                          all new relief seals 100% spotless inside just can't get my head around it.
                          you say gear pump which I had apart and there isn't much to go wrong i.e. 2 ball bearings and 2 gears.
                          cant see what else can go wrong with them . Shuttle valve seems ok .
                          thanks for the reply by the way 👍.

Comment

Looking back on my issues.... when you rebuilt it did you fill the cylinders with fluid before putting the pistons in? These things take FOREVER to completely bleed

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post
                              Looking back on my issues.... when you rebuilt it did you fill the cylinders with fluid before putting the pistons in? These things take FOREVER to completely bleed
                              Hi thanks, I done that on the main ram, but not the tilt rams I am going to try it now and see what happens 👍👍 will get back to you 🤞

Comment

Working...
                              X