F115 Maim trim piston replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 Maim trim piston replace

Im a hobby garage setup mechanic. Is it possible for me to do this job?
    I also now I may need special tools to do this job. Ughhh.
    Anyone have experience doing this at home?

Do you mean "maiN" trim piston... as in the "tilt" piston? I'm in the process of doing it right now for my engine - can't imagine it's a whole lot different than yours. I have the entire T/T assembly in my vise and have disassembled the tilt piston assembly and pump. Have all the rebuild parts/seals I need - Gonna get to finishing it up as soon as I finish the bathroom remodel... carb rebuild on my dad's snowblower... fix a fuel vent issue on my old '97 528... you get the idea. Regardless, I wouldn't call it a "hard" job by any means. Just lot's of small parts that you need to take care of. Can't answer the question of whether "you" can do it - you know that answer better than me.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

the hardest part - and the only need for "special tool" -
      is removing/replacing the end cap
      (and if you don't want to buy one, its not that hard to 'make' a pin spanner)

Comment

So then Ill need two different tools, one for the side pistons and the main.
        And Ill want to replace the pump itself because with my luck as soon as i put it back in, that will fail.
        Then the effort of getting it off the boat, I`m not sure.
        Everything is 18 yrs old never been replaced.

Comment

The "side pistons" are the TRIM RAMS, the Center is the TILT RAM.

Just a little easier communicating with others.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
            Do you mean "maiN" trim piston... as in the "tilt" piston? I'm in the process of doing it right now for my engine - can't imagine it's a whole lot different than yours. I have the entire T/T assembly in my vise and have disassembled the tilt piston assembly and pump. Have all the rebuild parts/seals I need - Gonna get to finishing it up as soon as I finish the bathroom remodel... carb rebuild on my dad's snowblower... fix a fuel vent issue on my old '97 528... you get the idea. Regardless, I wouldn't call it a "hard" job by any means. Just lot's of small parts that you need to take care of. Can't answer the question of whether "you" can do it - you know that answer better than me.
            Just exactly what is an old '97 528

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Just exactly what is an old '97 528
              A BMW car.
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
              X