No announcement yet.

Why no pee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what does it hurt to run it like that?
    It will be deep enough when boat is launched into the water and with muffs it will get the water it needs from what you have wrote

Comment

I am hoping to go for a boat ride on Monday. I may do some testing. My crew loves it when I putz around like this. “What are we doing? Why are we stopping?”

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

My F150 has never peed on muffs. (Sounds so perverted). Three different water pumps. If I bought better muffs maybe so
        Interesting.. Mine always has, the current pump is about two years old.

The city water pressure is usually around 45 PSI, good volume and I use the "one sided" muffs (as seen in the video).
        I can raise the RPM's easily to 1,500, with no heating issues.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

and my F150m will overheat on the muffs,as most do.
          do I care? nope I use the onboard flush port or it is in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Yamahas are finicky. Put it in the water and run it. Test it. Get it on plane and trim up to most efficient running speed. Does it still pee? Alarm?
            No? Good to go.
            Well folks, I think I found the issue. Appearently this lower tends to suck air from screen because it's so high on transom. Going back and looking at old unit I found a modified pickup screen. It has been closed in certain spots presumably to keep it from sucking air in. Stuck ass in water and peed like a racehorse. Thank you all for your info, it is always greatly appreciated!

Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan413 View Post

Well folks, I think I found the issue. Appearently this lower tends to suck air from screen because it's so high on transom. Going back and looking at old unit I found a modified pickup screen. It has been closed in certain spots presumably to keep it from sucking air in. Stuck ass in water and peed like a racehorse. Thank you all for your info, it is always greatly appreciated!

Spencer
              I don't know if I'd leave a "modified" screen in there myself...

In any event, glad you found the difference...
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan413 View Post

Spencer
                what does this mean?
                maybe stuck old screen on new lower and it worked?

and if the motor is too high on transom maybe you should lower it

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

what does this mean?
                  maybe stuck old screen on new lower and it worked?

and if the motor is too high on transom maybe you should lower it
                  I did replace with old screen. As far as lowering engine, it's as far down as it goes. I think a low water pickup lower unit should have been installed when boat was built but that will have to wait for another time.
                  Thanks again to you all.

Spencer

Comment

I thought it peed fine in the water based on first post? Oh well

Comment

Working...
                    X