25 yamaha two stroke no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 yamaha two stroke no start

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently bought a winter project. I found a 2007 Yamaha 25hp short shaft two stroke sold as a no start condition. Heres what i have done so far;

Fresh fuel
    new plugs
    cleaned the carbs and jets
    compression is low in bottom cylinder but i致e read it could be the rings sticking because the motor sat unused for a few years. I filled #2 cylinder with penetrating oil and let sit 24ish hours. Compression came up to 120. I may or may not have gotten lucky on that one; doubt it.

The motor has intermittant spark. #1 always has spark #2 does not. I知 trying to not sink a ton of money into it just yet. I have a FSM coming also. Tonight I pulled every bullet connector off and cleaned corrosion and put back together. I pulled flywheel off made sure woodruff key is in place. The coils AND pulsar coils are quite rusty. I LIGHTLY sanded the rust off the coils to see if it gave the motor better spark. No luck. I知 leaning towards the pulsar coils are bad since the motor has no start, or want to start. After a ton of pulls I can get the motor to pop thru the prop. Thats it. I知 wondering if the coils can cause the issues i知 describing? I知 at my end of the rope here, not really wanting to take it somewhere just yet.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I think you might be along the right track. I have the same motor, although a 2003. Mine has been pretty much bulletproof. Hopefully you made some headway since you last post. I'm also a firefighter in Kamloops BC. Stay safe and good luck on the motor.

Comment

checking ohms and voltage into and out of CDI should tell you what is in spec and what is not

Comment

I would do as Yam40 just suggested. You will need DVA for your mutimeter to do the checks.
        https://www.amazon.ca/Electronic-Spe...03286482&psc=1

Comment

You mentioned having intermittant spark in the lower cylinder yet constant spark in the upper cylinder....

Try swapping position of the upper ignition coil and lower coil and see if the unreliable spark follows the coil or remains on the bottom cylinder.
          What is the actual model number so I can at least look at the parts illustrations?
          If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
            What is the actual model number so I can at least look at the parts illustrations?
            Hey. No fair. That will take away part of the fun of troubleshooting.

It is gray in colour. What more information is needed? lol

Comment

Is it time to replay the customer talking to the mechanic video again? Is refresher training needed?

Comment

just need an alternator.

Comment

Working...
                X