2001 F115 surging throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Guess you won't at least drain the VST (one screw) and examine what comes out... ?
    Townsends.......where exactly is this one screw that I can get to without pulling off the intake tubes?
    10 mns later
    I found it. right under the bottom tube..... its got a red gasket/O-ring around it?.

How the hell do ya get it out without dropping it, then collect fuel from it, then replace it without dropping the bottom cowling.UGH
    Last edited by fishon195; 12-29-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Smell it

Comment

OMG. now this is entertainment .

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          OMG. now this is entertainment .
          Give up. Out....

Comment

Originally posted by fishon195 View Post
            Townsends.......where exactly is this one screw that I can get to without pulling off the intake tubes?
            10 mns later
            I found it. right under the bottom tube..... its got a red gasket/O-ring around it?.

How the hell do ya get it out without dropping it, then collect fuel from it, then replace it without dropping the bottom cowling.UGH

Part #14: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...injection-pump

I'd put a towel under the area so when it drops, it's right there.

Catch what comes out in a small CLEAN container (I use a clean tuna fish can).

Any debris, water, etc (from the VST) will show up. Crap in there would indicate crap further downstream or the pump filter probably clogged up (as noted previously).
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-30-2018, 08:18 AM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

takes 20 minutes to pull the intake, whole VST cleaning job takes an hour and a half if you smoke.
              or unplug another sensor and see what happens.

Comment

Ok wiseguys Everybody likes a piece of a_ss, but nobody likes a wise A_SS.,
                The fuel pressure was 32psi on top of the rail. in the driveway on cups, so I still dont know how it performs under load in the water,
                i need a friend to help but theyre all on holiday,
                Maybe i should get new friends too. Haha

No debris came out of the drain screw .
                I put a clean white rag under and NOTHING came out....... Yeah you heard me NOTHIN!!!.

Im gonna replace the fuel injection pump just because its about 10 years old. 1475 hours,. UNLESS I see something so obvious in the VST filter/screen.
                YES It takes 90 mins when youve done it 10 times over and you have all the correct toools.
                Kapeesh .

Comment

Originally posted by fishon195 View Post
                  Ok wiseguys Everybody likes a piece of a_ss, but nobody likes a wise A_SS.,
                  The fuel pressure was 32psi on top of the rail. in the driveway on cups, so I still dont know how it performs under load in the water,
                  i need a friend to help but theyre all on holiday,
                  Maybe i should get new friends too. Haha

No debris came out of the drain screw .
                  I put a clean white rag under and NOTHING came out....... Yeah you heard me NOTHIN!!!.

Im gonna replace the fuel injection pump just because its about 10 years old. 1475 hours,. UNLESS I see something so obvious in the VST filter/screen.
                  YES It takes 90 mins when youve done it 10 times over and you have all the correct toools.
                  Kapeesh .
                  Well there should have been some gas that came out

Comment

Yes gas did flow out but no debris. Can this still be a sensor problem? TPS?
                    Im seeing extreme price ranges for this pump too WTF? 68V-13907-00-00

$25 TO $455 Now im really confused
                    Last edited by fishon195; 12-30-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Piss on him, smart ars

Comment

Removed the VST found very little debris, screen maybe 10% blocked by tiny round pebble like stuff.
                        Nothing in the VST itself. I knew my fuel was good.
                        What a bitch getting that last screw out of the VST.
                        All I need hopefully is a new pump.
                        Fuel pressure test while running dropped from 32 to 22 psi. Seems like boat could never really get on plane.
                        Will order new pump and gasket. Screen too?

Comment

I cleaned the filter on my HP pump with carb cleaner and reused it.

Comment

Final fix was the fuel pump for me . Yahooooo. 40lbs on the rail again.
                            It was rather simple to put the intake back on. The hard part was making the pump stay up in the fuel port at the top while standing and assembling it vertically behind the intake while supporting the intake on the cowling. Ughhhh. A bungee cord worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X