Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 F115 surging throttle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Need to start over. Post 2. Plug whatever sensor back in to wiring. One step at a time.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Need to start over. Post 2. Plug whatever sensor back in to wiring. One step at a time.
      Not sure what you mean did not unplug anything .yet oh yes sorry just the SPS but that did not do much.
      Last edited by fishon195; 2 weeks ago.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Guess you won't at least drain the VST (one screw) and examine what comes out... ?
        Townsends.......where exactly is this one screw that I can get to without pulling off the intake tubes?
        10 mns later
        I found it. right under the bottom tube..... its got a red gasket/O-ring around it?.

        How the hell do ya get it out without dropping it, then collect fuel from it, then replace it without dropping the bottom cowling.UGH
        Last edited by fishon195; 2 weeks ago.

        Comment


        • #19
          Smell it

          Comment


          • #20
            OMG. now this is entertainment .

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              OMG. now this is entertainment .
              Give up. Out....

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by fishon195 View Post
                Townsends.......where exactly is this one screw that I can get to without pulling off the intake tubes?
                10 mns later
                I found it. right under the bottom tube..... its got a red gasket/O-ring around it?.

                How the hell do ya get it out without dropping it, then collect fuel from it, then replace it without dropping the bottom cowling.UGH

                Part #14: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...injection-pump

                I'd put a towel under the area so when it drops, it's right there.

                Catch what comes out in a small CLEAN container (I use a clean tuna fish can).

                Any debris, water, etc (from the VST) will show up. Crap in there would indicate crap further downstream or the pump filter probably clogged up (as noted previously).
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 2 weeks ago.

                Comment


                • #23
                  takes 20 minutes to pull the intake, whole VST cleaning job takes an hour and a half if you smoke.
                  or unplug another sensor and see what happens.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Ok wiseguys Everybody likes a piece of a_ss, but nobody likes a wise A_SS.,
                    The fuel pressure was 32psi on top of the rail. in the driveway on cups, so I still dont know how it performs under load in the water,
                    i need a friend to help but theyre all on holiday,
                    Maybe i should get new friends too. Haha

                    No debris came out of the drain screw .
                    I put a clean white rag under and NOTHING came out....... Yeah you heard me NOTHIN!!!.

                    Im gonna replace the fuel injection pump just because its about 10 years old. 1475 hours,. UNLESS I see something so obvious in the VST filter/screen.
                    YES It takes 90 mins when youve done it 10 times over and you have all the correct toools.
                    Kapeesh .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by fishon195 View Post
                      Ok wiseguys Everybody likes a piece of a_ss, but nobody likes a wise A_SS.,
                      The fuel pressure was 32psi on top of the rail. in the driveway on cups, so I still dont know how it performs under load in the water,
                      i need a friend to help but theyre all on holiday,
                      Maybe i should get new friends too. Haha

                      No debris came out of the drain screw .
                      I put a clean white rag under and NOTHING came out....... Yeah you heard me NOTHIN!!!.

                      Im gonna replace the fuel injection pump just because its about 10 years old. 1475 hours,. UNLESS I see something so obvious in the VST filter/screen.
                      YES It takes 90 mins when youve done it 10 times over and you have all the correct toools.
                      Kapeesh .
                      Well there should have been some gas that came out

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yes gas did flow out but no debris. Can this still be a sensor problem? TPS?
                        Im seeing extreme price ranges for this pump too WTF? 68V-13907-00-00

                        $25 TO $455 Now im really confused
                        Last edited by fishon195; 2 weeks ago.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Piss on him, smart ars

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Removed the VST found very little debris, screen maybe 10% blocked by tiny round pebble like stuff.
                            Nothing in the VST itself. I knew my fuel was good.
                            What a bitch getting that last screw out of the VST.
                            All I need hopefully is a new pump.
                            Fuel pressure test while running dropped from 32 to 22 psi. Seems like boat could never really get on plane.
                            Will order new pump and gasket. Screen too?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I cleaned the filter on my HP pump with carb cleaner and reused it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Final fix was the fuel pump for me . Yahooooo. 40lbs on the rail again.
                                It was rather simple to put the intake back on. The hard part was making the pump stay up in the fuel port at the top while standing and assembling it vertically behind the intake while supporting the intake on the cowling. Ughhhh. A bungee cord worked fine.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X