Boat Grecia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Grecia

Hi, I have a mechanical problem with my boat, there’s not arriving oil from the main compartment to the engine compartment, it is a two stroke engine, and I already checked the filters and the electric conectionsiand the’re fine. What could it be?

well it could be a lot of things .
    and welcome to the forums.
    folks this is my sister inlaw in Venezuelaa.
    Boscoe, can you post a diagram of the oiling system electronics?

Comment

first at key on engine off ,does the tachometer self test. it should blink all three bars then illuminate the far right bar. does it?
      and folks this is an international market 250aeto, 3.1L EFI with no O2 sensor.

Comment

next is with key on engine off toggle the gray emergency oil transfer switch on the engine ECU. does the pump now run?
        if not we can do some voltage checks with a multimeter.
        if you mechanic reads any English have him join.

Comment

and by the way.
          I have worked on Yamaha's exclusively since about 1998.
          I have seen two ECU failures related to oil transfer since.
          ECU's simply rarely fail.
          most folks that buy an ECU have a spare.
          do you or your mechanic have a digital multimeter?
          I left one in caracas but it has most likely disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by herlop74 View Post
            Hi, I have a mechanical problem with my boat, there’s not arriving oil from the main compartment to the engine compartment, it is a two stroke engine, and I already checked the filters and the electric conectionsiand the’re fine. What could it be?
            Most likely cause in my opinion is that the ECU thinks that the remote tank is low on oil. In which case the automatic transfer system stops working. By design.

If a Yamaha multi-function tachometer is installed you can see this (low or oil in the remote tank or the ECU believing there is no oil in the remote tank) by the fact that (1) the green light is off and the yellow light is on or (2) the right hand oil bar disappears and the middle oil bar is flashing. Depends upon the type of tachometer as to whether it has lights or LCD bars. If there is no Yamaha multi-function tachometer installed it is more difficult to tell what is going on.

Here is an electrical diagram of the oil transfer system. Annotated.

Over to rodnut now.

Comment

Comment

Hey, that looks familiar.

Comment

I saved it. Thank you.

Comment

using that test connection,manually toggle the switch. you should see about 11V.
                    if so fix the control circuits.
                    if not test brown to engine block key on engine off.
                    if the center bar on the tach is flashing the ECU is seeing the switch in the remote tank is open.
                    if everything is working correctly you can drain the engine tank,turn the key to on and you should get an audible,3 flashing lamps on the tach and the remote oil tank pump will run for 180 seconds.

Comment

on that connector C, sometimes it will be green/white or green.
                      where the black/red goes into the engine harness it is spliced,the splice can fail.
                      where the brown enters the harness it is spliced to the yellow.that can fail as well.
                      yellow is 12v positive at key on.
                      the blue is the ground path and it also has a splice where the manual switch is.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your recommendations. I already send all to the mechanic who sadly does not speak English. The tests suggested by you will be carried out and we inform you.

Comment

I need the multifunction tachometer part number for the Grecia motor. 61A X 1000199

Comment

here in the US I don't think that tach is avalible.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                              here in the US I don't think that tach is avalible.
                              Are we talking about the conventional multi-function tachometer? If so, via an adapter harness it should plug and play with the OP's motor.

Or possibly a surplus older style two four pin connector version can be found. In fact, I might very well have one in my basement.

Comment

Working...
                              X