Electricity; Just Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Not on an AC induction type motor. At 5 HP 220 volts that baby is drawing some serious power as well.
    Is your wife keeping an eye on things while you are playing?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Is your wife keeping an eye on things while you are playing?
      An eye on what things? I have nil idea what she is up to. Do you know something that I don't know? lol

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

An eye on what things? I have nil idea what she is up to. Do you know something that I don't know? lol
        An eye on you. If you fry yourself at least she can call the fire dept. Someone has to
        mop up. 220 bites pretty hard.

Comment

higher voltage is not too bad, it will normally knock you off of what you touch
          120 and lower will not and usually causes your hand to clamp down on what you touched and that is bad.
          But then 240V to ground is 120v

took 2700V once hand to hand, I am guessing a few cycles went thru me before I was knocked off the top of that transformer.
          As fate has it I had hooked up my safety harness to a small conduit, other wise I would have gone splat from 15 ft on to the concrete.

spent the night in hospital hooked up so they could be ready in case my heart stopped during the night.
          I never knew that the heart could stop up to 8 hours after the shock.
          least that is what they told me
          Last edited by 99yam40; 12-28-2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Ok what has been going on with the testing/
            have not seen much activity lately

Comment

About to run a bunch of tests. Finally figured out what I am going to do. Life has been getting in the way of my play time.

Comment

Working...
              X