Help with deciphering words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with deciphering words

If the TPS voltage is 1.2 volts when the key is turned on, what voltage is the ECU using to determine the fully closed throttle value?

If the TPS voltage is 1.7 volts when the key is turned on, what voltage is the ECU using to determine the fully closed throttle value?

Whatever the voltage is is. 10 volts, there it is. Is.

Have no idea if I answered question. Here’s hoping the throttle body is closed when the voltage is what it is.

My car has this sort of complicated throttle body learning process. You have to use a stopwatch to get it right. Getting it right may take 3-4 attempts.
    Last edited by pstephens46; 12-12-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Whatever the voltage is is. 10 volts, there it is. Is.

Have no idea if I answered question. Here’s hoping the throttle body is closed when the voltage is what it is.

My car has this sort of complicated throttle body learning process. You have to use a stopwatch to get it right. Getting it right may take 3-4 attempts.
      "It depends on what the meaning of is is."
      WJC

Dennis
      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

depends on the motor. not all have any tps voltage until running.
        some are self learning some are not.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          If the TPS voltage is 1.2 volts when the key is turned on, what voltage is the ECU using to determine the fully closed throttle value?

If the TPS voltage is 1.7 volts when the key is turned on, what voltage is the ECU using to determine the fully closed throttle value?

I agree with you on this wording seems kind of strange.
          Does it mean no matter if it is below or above 1,4v it still uses what it sees at power on or motor start as the fully closed value?

or is it if below 1.4 V then 1.4 v is used

Comment

I am reading it that if it is below 1.4 volts then 1.4 volts is used. But I don't understand why.

Seems like whatever it is when the key is turned on (above or below 1.4 volts) would be used as the starting point and then go up from there.

The TPS on this model is not adjustable.

Comment

Enough to drive one to drink

Comment

Keep thinking boys. Collectively we should be able to figure it out. There is no one at Yamaha that can/will be able to help us.

Makes me want to buy a Mercury just because of the quality of their manuals and the fact there is someone you can talk to that knows the motors at the end of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

I agree with you on this wording seems kind of strange.
                  Does it mean no matter if it is below or above 1,4v it still uses what it sees at power on or motor start as the fully closed value?

or is it if below 1.4 V then 1.4 v is used
                  I think it is in the translation from Japanese to English. I read it to agree with 99yam that above 1.4 it uses what was obtained for the fully closed position and if the value is less than 1.4 it uses 1.4 for the value. The second sentence about the value should have been clearer?

By the way I am loving my 2012 Mercury 150 four stroke!!!! Just wish they would have made it easier to get to the bottom spark plug and the second in line fuel filter below the fuel rail?????
                  Last edited by dray0151; 12-13-2018, 08:52 PM.
                  Dennis
                  Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

it is actually fairly simple.
                    at key on engine off the ECU is "expecting a voltage of less than 1.4, if any higher it then defaults. it is a stupid truth table. nothing magic inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X