Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loctite 572 and question re crankshaft "attachment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Usually the pulse for inbuilt fuel pumps such as Walbro, have a hole through the inlet manifold insulator obviating the need for any nipples or plumbing.
    this is what I was referring to

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

this is what I was referring to
      Yeah I thought that, there was posting as I was writing that I didn't see.

I must admit I should do a lot more internet reading. There is plenty on PLASTIC CRANKCASE STUFFING.

Comment

By me saying cheap, it refers to all small Two stroke engines, they are cheap to manufacture that is why they are so prolific. I have an Echo chainsaw, 40 years starts second pull, never had a need to pull anything apart on it, so maybe it has plastic spinning within it to. But agree plastic used inside an engine, spinning and rattling would seem to have less of a life than the metal parts.

I would expect you may have running issues if you dont replace that plastic part. Jetting may need to be altered as the airflow or pulsing of air thru the carb will change, there maybe slightly less initial suction available to draw fuel.

Usually the pulse for inbuilt fuel pumps such as Walbro, have a hole through the inlet manifold insulator obviating the need for any nipples or plumbing.
        The plastic part is NOT available separately and doesn't show on the parts fisch. It's an old machine the owner does not want to put a bunch of $ into it.

I believe your machine is that old (and likely made W/O nearly as much plastic), but remember, this is a commercial machine, run HARD, EVERYDAY-ABUSED..

The parts diagram (NO plastic parts showing):

Worse case scenario, I'm out a little bit of sealer for the crankcase. Well worth the tear down just for what I learned..

And 99Yam, I checked that air line from the crankcase. Once it reaches the carb, it goes into an orifice on the OPPOSITE SIDE of the needle /round diaphram.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yeah I thought that, there was posting as I was writing that I didn't see.

I must admit I should do a lot more internet reading. There is plenty on PLASTIC CRANKCASE STUFFING.
          yes the piston displacement would be the same, but with smaller crank case area, I could see a faster exchange going thru

Comment

Opinions please.

As these "stuffers" don't show anywhere, (even in the shop manual), and we know what they do.

I'm concerned of this other side failing (likely, just a matter of time, then it is a "parts machine").

Yank the other side, one less thing to blow up (as the other side already did), or leave it in?

Pic from the SHOP manual (for THIS ENGINE) showing rod end play and crank (no stuffers):

\[/QUOTE]

You could either run with one or none. Unless some tech at Echo can suggest a source, I see no other choice.
            Last edited by admin; 02-22-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I would leave the all out, since we do not see them normally.
              what is with the capt solo in the post?

Comment

Just an FYI, I removed the other stuffer. It's apparently put on the crank before the outer bearing is pressed on, then strengthened with the wire retainer.

Just for S&G's, did a compression test on the block (crankcase NOT SEALED but on, seals in and snugged down), spun over with a drill motor.

Got 150 PSI which is what my Poulan blower (very powerful engine I just de-carboned the piston ring on-below pic) has.

My customers looking for a used crank with the stuffers still on.

I'm curious as to how much the compression would/could/should/may rise...

Lastly, on another forum, they speak of the stuffers and its posted expect about a 16% reduction in power without them...

Scott

Comment

Just an update FYI (for the curious)

Machine was re-assembled and tested with a decent chain.

I did remove the other stuffer, so there are NONE in the machine.

I have an identical machine that I also ran today, I can't tell the difference in performance;

Below video IS the "stuff-less" Echo on my test log...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134...n/photostream/
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    Just an update FYI (for the curious)

Machine was re-assembled and tested with a decent chain.

I did remove the other stuffer, so there are NONE in the machine.

I have an identical machine that I also ran today, I can't tell the difference in performance;

Below video IS the "stuff-less" Echo on my test log...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134...n/photostream/

Lol a little baby saw!! She is running good by the sound of it...and cuts pretty good for small saw. That would be a nice saw for limbing after you got the tree knocked down with a bigger saw.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Where is your chain saw pants,boots,jacket,faceshield,hearing protection and whatever else OHS feels you have on??? I am reporting you.

Comment

Sounds pretty good to me.
                      You probably need to test on a "dynamometer " to actually see the difference. It seems a small performance percent, and maybe that is the reason they don't appear in drawings, perhaps suggesting they were introduced during the life of the drawing and maybe discontinued?
                      Love seeing consumer demonstrations.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

Lol a little baby saw!! She is running good by the sound of it...and cuts pretty good for small saw. That would be a nice saw for limbing after you got the tree knocked down with a bigger saw.

Where is your chain saw pants,boots,jacket,faceshield,hearing protection and whatever else OHS feels you have on??? I am reporting you.
                        He is jealous of the shorts in December.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

Yep, it's a small "climbing, limb saw", It actually has (from the factory) a hook that swings in and out for the climbers going up the tree. (They hang the saw from their belt, running-bar locked).

It's really not designed for tree's as large in the video, just limbs..

I use that stump for every machine BEFORE it gets delivered (testing-that one passed!). A slightly lean tuned engine, WILL BOG during the test(with the load)

I DO use really good ear muffs for about everything and am wearing my glasses.. I was wearing my "G0ld toes" top of the line socks and Reeboks!

It was about 80F, kinda muggy this am (warmer than usual this time of year) when I took the video but am usually in shorts (except when riding the motorcycle)..
                          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-14-2018, 06:36 PM.
                          Scott

Comment

Some years back I went completely thru a 12" craftsman my dad had back in the early 70s, I am talking split case , new gaskets and all
                            got everything working great except the auto oiler (just plugged the hole instead of running a new line from crankcase to oil tank), but it had a manual so I did not care. Good running machine and very light. But very loud.
                            and that was one of the pieces of equipment/tools that an AH took out of my garage one day while I was inside the house, but I had the garage door open. got him on a camera.
                            he hit several houses in the area.
                            they caught him and gave him 2 years, but I did not ever get that saw and a few other things back.

I did get 2 back , a hammer drill and a multi-tool from a pawn shop 50 miles away.

Comment

Never saw a fellow use a chainsaw with a pair of shorts on...I found it funny....so I had to make some fun of it..

No not jealous of the weather. Now I don't really care for say -25C stuff..but any thing from -5 to 15C is good weather to me..as long as sun is shining.

I have visited the southern states several times for Cruises...I am not fond of the heat at all.

Bermuda was the nicest place I visited for weather...about 20C in the winter there, and a nice place.

Comment

Working...
                              X