X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    ok
    I will attempt ONE more time.
    you either have a sensor 5Vref issue or a sensor ground issue.
    remember that black box is dumb as a box O rocks.
    for starters lets look at intake pressure vs barometric pressure on a non running engine.
    what would you expect?
    now lets go back to what I said about throttle angle?
    now lets look at that TPS code set .2hr ago.
    now that you have a record clear all the codes and see if any come back.
    once that code is set it wont update.
    What will not update once that code sets?
    maybe the message he is getting?
    or the idle voltage?

OP also why is the voltage showing below 12 v
    Last edited by 99yam40; 12-14-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I went and put the boat on trailer (about a 3 hr task) and finally got boat and trailer to the house.

Keep in mind when the boat was on the lift that I tried several times with the YDS to run the static and active tests but couldn't get past the "Engine is running...." screen. Also, checked with this forum and one other forum for input on what to do. I was convinced it was somewhere in the TPS.

So...the YDS is connected to the F90, I start it up and it runs like a raped ape. I should be excited that it runs but not so.

Went through all the tests, static and dynamic, and everything passes. I was hoping to throw a fault code so that I could have something to work with.

Before I put back in the water I'm going to start and run in the driveway, probably a few dozen times. Not sure what to do at this point.

NOTE: I think RB is one of only about 70 top master Yamaha techs in the nation, pretty impressive.

Comment

I doubt that we in Australia even have 70 that call themselves techs at any level!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmanjls View Post
          I went and put the boat on trailer (about a 3 hr task) and finally got boat and trailer to the house.

Keep in mind when the boat was on the lift that I tried several times with the YDS to run the static and active tests but couldn't get past the "Engine is running...." screen. Also, checked with this forum and one other forum for input on what to do. I was convinced it was somewhere in the TPS.

So...the YDS is connected to the F90, I start it up and it runs like a raped ape. I should be excited that it runs but not so.

Went through all the tests, static and dynamic, and everything passes. I was hoping to throw a fault code so that I could have something to work with.

Before I put back in the water I'm going to start and run in the driveway, probably a few dozen times. Not sure what to do at this point.

NOTE: I think RB is one of only about 70 top master Yamaha techs in the nation, pretty impressive.
          Might be a little concerned about a “raped ape” in my neighborhood.

I’m already worried. Saw a living, breathing COUGAR the other night. Now what?

Comment

OP, did you clear the code as Rod said?

how many ways can codes be reset?

something changed
            have you compared the printout to the old one?
            does the battery voltage read above 12 volts now or is it still low?
            is the TPS voltage reading the same?
            how about the throttle angle?
            maybe low voltage to the motor could have throw things off.
            or clearing the code allowed something to update

Last edited by 99yam40; 12-15-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Might be a little concerned about a “raped ape” in my neighborhood.

I’m already worried. Saw a living, breathing COUGAR the other night. Now what?
              did you get her name?

Comment

Working...
              X