Happy Turkey Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Turkey Day

turkey-snood-58a6cbaf5f9b58a3c9fccb53.jpg Snood. Wattle. Go 'Murica.
    Last edited by oldmako69; 11-21-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Feasting tomorrow with extended family at farm in Walterboro,sc...lots of people, friends, family, turkey!..... Good Day!!!

Comment

More importantly.....

I’m traveling down near Yams country. I have confirmed a strange illness with womenfolk.

what is it with the gd pillows on beds? Why does a bed have to have 28 pillows? I thought it was just my wife.. they all end up on the floor just to make the bed hospitable. Carry on.......

Comment

which part of Yams country you talking about?
          Texas is a big place.

Just made it back home from the hill country(farm)
          mowed the waist high dead weeds in the yard .
          got the water well going again, tractor battery was dead, so I jumped it off and the drove to the house and hooked up a charger for 24 hours.
          today I shredder along some fence lines and around some brush piles so we can burn them next time I go up( hopefully)

I will smoke a turkey this week end for my Thanksgiving bird meat.

I ate some home made Canadian bacon( cured and smoked pork loin) today while driving home and will have some BBQ(Smoked) brisket this evening.
          I was not going to La to my youngest sons , he has enough on his hands with a MIL in the hospital and 3 kids to watch over.
          My older son headed to his inlaws.
          Do not have anything in common with those people. they were at his house last year.
          I am better off getting things done than sitting around watching all of the rug rats running around after a big meal

Did you ever ask her what all of the pillows are for?
          If she says to make it look pretty, ask who all is coming into your bedroom to look at the bed while you are gone.

make sure you throw them all on the floor on her side of the bed so you do not trip on then when you get up to pee in the middle of the night
          Last edited by 99yam40; 11-22-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Austin area. 3-4 hour travel is pretty damn local in this big state. And a good idea about putting the Pillow Pile on her side of the bed. I think her Mom started this pillow sht years ago. Looking at too many Southern Living magazines. Drinking a good many beers and having non smoked meat today. Had some BBQ a few days back.

Comment

Farm is about 50 miles south east of Austin.
              took a LED TV up this time with a flat plastic TV antenna you hang on the wall.
              It picked up 13 stations.

beats listening to just a radio.
              gets dark too dam early now a days
              After dark , fire up the wood stove and then eat and then drink a few beers .
              Normally read the paper I picked up out of the yard before leaving home and listen to the radio,but that gets old quick.
              Over the air TV at least gets me some news and weather,
              and some old shows I have not seen in many years.

You have kids in Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                Farm is about 50 miles south east of Austin.
                took a LED TV up this time with a flat plastic TV antenna you hang on the wall.
                It picked up 13 stations.

beats listening to just a radio.
                gets dark too dam early now a days
                After dark , fire up the wood stove and then eat and then drink a few beers .
                Normally read the paper I picked up out of the yard before leaving home and listen to the radio,but that gets old quick.
                Over the air TV at least gets me some news and weather,
                and some old shows I have not seen in many years.

You have kids in Austin?
                Sister in law and three nieces. Wedding and Thanksgiving.
                Last edited by pstephens46; 11-23-2018, 02:44 AM.

Comment

All sorts of celebrations.
                  enjoy.

I did some hanging out up around there back in the 70s.
                  Hippy Holler or was it hollow, on Lake Travis
                  about drowned when I came up on a some gals sunning on the rocks as I looked up as I was snorkeling around in that clear water

Comment

Working...
                  X