PTT Rebuild Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTT Rebuild Service

For those whom have experienced PTT issues, seals or otherwise, you know it's darn near impossible to find a mechanic willing to diagnose and repair. And for those not living coastal it's gotta be impossible. After my recent issue with the unit I search long and hard to find someone local to me to do the job, as I neither have the time or clean space to disassemble and reassemble. Coincidentally, I was looking on ebay to get an idea of the cost of a used unit and found a listing of a unit that wasn't for sale, rather an advertisement for rebuilding PTTs. And coincidently the shops location was in close proximity to my home address. Called the shop following day, dropped my unit off the day after that. Picked up my rebuilt unit 7 days later. $400. Replaced all seals, replaced motor, reservoir, and filled with oil. Shop guarantees parts amd service 2yrs. I've been operating the boat now for about a month with the rebuilt unit...no issues. Five Star Marine in New Port Richey FL.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Sounds like a good deal.
    a Yamaha T&T motor would cost you more than that

Did they paint it up real nice also?
    One problem with after market motors is the paint does not hold up well
    Last edited by 99yam40; 11-21-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Sounds like a good deal.
      a Yamaha T&T motor would cost you more than that

Did they paint it up real nice also?
      One problem with after market motors is the paint does not hold up well
      The new motor is a black matte color. Reservior is yam grey. I suppose I could paint the new motor to match the motor, but honestly the mismatch doesn't bother me.
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Just saying the motor paint may not hold up well to salt

Comment

Working...
        X