Tilt Hinge Grease Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Some of those fittings are so difficult to get to and it results in the grease gun putting a side load on the fitting. Being used so frequently they fatigue and become prone to breaking.

What is the greasing frequency?
    If I remember correctly, every 100 cycles and anytime the gear is washed. Each A/C type is different.
    I don't grease gear anymore...that is for apprentices. I usually get tasked to remove the broken ones.
    Don't understand why people can't grease the few grease points on a outboard either.

This may interest you Boscoe

https://www.flyingmag.com/faa-emerge...eing-737-max-8

Comment

I have been following that story. Very intereseting.

Comment

I am using my 4th grease gun in 20 years and still not happy. Cheap Chinese crap. I would gladly pay for a replacement that wouldn’t leak and would release properly.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          I am using my 4th grease gun in 20 years and still not happy. Cheap Chinese crap. I would gladly pay for a replacement that wouldn’t leak and would release properly.
          I know what you are saying,
          may have to do with all of the dirt and other stuff that collects on everything.
          I have had to take the tip apart before to get it off.
          the leaking may have to do with the fitting being plugged up and not taking the grease

Comment

Grease gun couplers (tips) are adjustable. Hold the hex part with a wrench and use a pair of pliers to loosen the barrel. Turn it out 1 turn and try it on a nipple, if it pops off while pumping grease then turn it in a bit until it holds while pumping grease and can be removed easily. You just have to find the sweet spot.
            Leave the barrel loose and you can make small adjustments you go. If you get one real stuck on then just unscrew the barrel some and it will come right off.

Lincoln makes good tips. 41VW2-DZTyL._SX425_.jpg ​​​​​​​

Happy greasing

Comment

Happy greasing[/QUOTE]

anyone used one of these connectors?

Comment

this has long been my favorite grease fitting story -
                be careful out there....

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/face/state...k/96ak045.html

Comment

A grease gun can put out a lot of pressure.

Comment

Happy greasing
                    anyone used one of these connectors?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are great on the boat and tractor.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Air-Tec-Lube-.../dp/B01MDU5TE9

Some tractor guys swear by these new guns. No leaking. They are spendy.

Comment

Working...
                      X