X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veterans day

A big salute to our vets.

Don't salute me please.

I owe the American public for an all expense paid four year vacation they provided to me. The GI bill after that.

I am a thanker, not a thankee.

There are veterans and then there are veterans. I am not worthy of shining the shoes of those that actually went into combat. Even if for a lost and useless cause (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc..)

Unless one knows history, one is apt to repeat its mistakes. Alas, we have learned little.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 11-11-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

My dad is a marine and my son is a marine, one tour in afghanistan and four in iraq. He kept the harriers in the air.

Comment

I tried to join after 9-11, to old they just laughed at me.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
          My dad is a marine and my son is a marine, one tour in afghanistan and four in iraq. He kept the harriers in the air.
          Loudest airplane I have ever heard in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Don't salute me please.

I owe the American public for an all expense paid four year vacation they provided to me. The GI bill after that.

I am a thanker, not a thankee.

There are veterans and then there are veterans. I am not worthy of shining the shoes of those that actually went into combat. Even if for a lost and useless cause (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc..)

Unless one knows history, one is apt to repeat its mistakes. Alas, we have learned little.
            I thank all people who have spend time in the service...they gave us and keep giving us the freedom we have and take for granted.

Harrier is very loud..the Concord I think maybe even louder. That thing woke me up more times..

Comment

My boy loved the harrier, he got to test them inside the hanger chained to the floor. I was glad he was in air wing.

Comment

I always felt the F4 Phantom to be loud. Would have loved to see the Hustler fly. 4 of the same engines as the F4.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  I always felt the F4 Phantom to be loud. Would have loved to see the Hustler fly. 4 of the same engines as the F4.
                  Is the Hustler really a plane?

Comment

The F4 was terribly loud. Might be why i don't hear so well. Tried many times to get a back seat ride. Never could. Damn NFO seat.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Is the Hustler really a plane?
                      B58 Hustler. Google it. Really sleek looking plane. Not too effective though.

Comment

I too thank the US taxpayers that funded 3 yrs of electronics school in the USN. I made almost 6 yrs before being medically retired.

Comment

Working...
                        X