Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gas in oil crankcase. How else could gas get into oil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does "working easiest" mean?

Is it doing less work or having less stress or ?

Comment

Originally posted by 28Regulator View Post

I broke mine in by the book. Used dino oil in my 2014 F300s from 0-700 hours, and synthetic from 700-1050. No oil made from 0-800 hours, but both have been making oil from 800-1050 hours. I'm over 5% fuel dilution regularly now. I also stopped using ring free from about 600-900 hours. I ***** alot. I've switched back to dino to see what happens - should know in a few months if wind ever stops blowing.

My list would be, in no particular order:

1. Break in by the book - up and down with some high rpms to help get seated.
      2. Use ring free.
      3. Change thermostats as recommended.
      4. Ethanol free fuel if possible.
      5. Dino oil, instead of synthetic.
      6. Run WOT occasionally when possible.
      7. Sure I'm forgetting some . . . .
      Is it possible that stopping the use of ring free might be why your F300s started making oil after 800 hours?

if the dino oil does not make it go back away, try using the ring free again

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Is it possible that stopping the use of ring free might be why your F300s started making oil after 800 hours?

if the dino oil does not make it go back away, try using the ring free again
        Could be. I have been using the ring free again consistently for the past 150 hours, but that has not helped. Also been doing the wot thing, and that also has not helped.

Comment

Working...
        X