Fuel Pump update ki 69j 244b0-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump update ki 69j 244b0-09

I just came across fuel pump update kit that is for early F225 and others. Does anyone no why this was issued,how long has it been around for. I was wondering if it was it fix the fuel issues like the one I have.

Have not heard of the kit identity that you mention. Yamaha USA issued Technical Bulletin O2003-020 to address a hot restart issue.

Nothing to do with the fuel pump.

Comment

Comment

Comment

It’s referred to as a lift pump upgrade

Comment

Manual refers to it as an attachment kit. Have no idea what that is all about. All F200/F225's, here in the USA anyway, always came with the lift pump attached to the motor.

Comment

Where is that Pratt fellow? He is the resident F225 speciaalissst.

Comment

Sim Yamaha refers to it as "
                FUEL PUMP KIT UPDATE COMES WITH INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.

Comment

I will check with Andy at S simyamaha and see what this is about. My memory is blank. Maybe it will come to me.

Comment

From what I have found out, the original 69J-24410-00-00, 69J-24410-01-00, and 69J-24410-02-00 pumps are no longer available. It appears that if a replacement pump is needed then the kit is available so that a different part number pump can be adapted to a motor that did not come with the replacement pump that is within the kit.

I don't think/guess that the pump in the updated kit will solve your problem. But I can't say that it won't either.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      From what I have found out, the original 69J-24410-00-00, 69J-24410-01-00, and 69J-24410-02-00 pumps are no longer available. It appears that if a replacement pump is needed then the kit is available so that a different part number pump can be adapted to a motor that did not come with the replacement pump that is within the kit.
                      very interesting.

wonder when it came about - too bad we can't see the entirety of the "installation instructions".

Also another example of Munao's excellence; he provides information on his site that is simply unavailable (to the public) elsewhere

Comment

the fuse for the original pump is 5A - assume that is different for this new pump,
                        hence a new fuse (and spare)

Comment

Trying to get a copy of the kit instructions. If any. Yamaha has been known to issue kits with no instructions.

Kit purportedly has instructions within it. Part number of the new pump is not yet known by Yamaha US. They are trying to get it from Japan.

Fred I am thinking the same as you with respect to the fuse. Hopefully the new pump is not as prone to blowing fuses as the old one is/was.
                          Last edited by boscoe99; 10-25-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                            the fuse for the original pump is 5A - assume that is different for this new pump,
                            hence a new fuse (and spare)
                            I looked at an SM for the single throttle body F225. The fuse for its low pressure fuel pump is ten amps.

The updated F225 uses a different part number LP pump. Is it the same as that in the kit? Don't know yet.

Comment

Yamaha said the kit is to be used if you need to replace the lift pump. That the old style will be obsolete and is not intended to fix anything. I will try to see if I can get the rest of the instructions.

Comment

Working...
                              X