help on tach install yamaha f100 (carb) trim / oil plug engine end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on tach install yamaha f100 (carb) trim / oil plug engine end

looking for some advice here turns out I am finding it impossible to get a strait answer in the UK. I am currently installing a new tach gauge to a year 2000 Yamaha f100. I have hooked up all plugs to controls and now at engine end with the loom. there is a plug to fit engine end for trim and oil pressure from what I can tell. the only plug on the engine that it can possibly fit in already has a plug in it. is it normal to unplug this and plug in the loom from the gauge. everything I have seen on the internet shows an empty plug ready to receive.

couple of pics of the existing plug already plugged in engine side and the two plugs side by side ( the loom and the existing one in the engine)

any advice would be great

What is the complete ID of the motor. Begins with a six. Also, what is the complete model?

By new tachometer what brand and type? If Yamaha, does it have four single wires plus one four pin connector or two four pin connectors?

Comment

A 2000 model year Yamaha should have two four pin connectors that are then connected to a harness (also with two four pin connectors at each end) that then runs to a Yamaha tachometer. If older type tachometer it will also have two four pin connectors. If a later type it may have one four pin connector. Need to know what you have.

Comment

Working...
      X