Ring Free Plus First Time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Free Plus First Time ?

Hey i will be using Yamaha Ring Free Plus for the first time on my Yamaha F225 4 stroke. My engine has roughly 500 hours. I usually only use Sta Bil 360. I would like to try and clean my fuel system, injectors etc. I will be adding it directly to my gas tank like i do with the Sta Bil. Is there anything I should know or be aware of ? Ive hear that it can clog the filters if you haven't used it in the past. Thanks.

You need to run both at the same time, filters are there for a reason.

Comment

If I haven’t ever used ring free plus for the first 500 hours can I just begin adding it to my fuel along with the sta bil ?

Comment

use it

Comment

I see no reason Ringfree would plug filters unless you tank and lines have a lot of crud built up in them , and then ring free may clean that off sending it on down stream to the filters

Comment

FWIW, seem I have read Yamaha prose that suggests - for a four stroke -
            changing the engine oil and filter after a first time "shock use" of Ring Free

the premise, apparently,
            that so much combustion chamber carbon is "washed loose" into the oil

Comment

Sorry but how would carbon get in the oil pan?
              Last edited by walleye1; 10-08-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

If it would go past the rings the carbon will have to be liquid.

Comment

all motor cleaners I have read about recommend changing the oil and filter after a shock treatment along with the plugs.

I would think even if the carbon does not get into the oil some of the cleaner will

Comment

Working...
                  X