Ring Free Plus First Time ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Free Plus First Time ?

Hey i will be using Yamaha Ring Free Plus for the first time on my Yamaha F225 4 stroke. My engine has roughly 500 hours. I usually only use Sta Bil 360. I would like to try and clean my fuel system, injectors etc. I will be adding it directly to my gas tank like i do with the Sta Bil. Is there anything I should know or be aware of ? Ive hear that it can clog the filters if you haven't used it in the past. Thanks.

You need to run both at the same time, filters are there for a reason.

Comment

RF regular mix is 1 oz / 10 gallons.

Should you wish to use a shock dose, it's 2 oz / 1 gallon.

I've never heard of it clogging filters. I've been using it for 12 years regularly.

I've "shocked" other engines with NO issues..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204 CC, 2006 F150 TXR

Comment

If I havenít ever used ring free plus for the first 500 hours can I just begin adding it to my fuel along with the sta bil ?

Comment

use it

Comment

I see no reason Ringfree would plug filters unless you tank and lines have a lot of crud built up in them , and then ring free may clean that off sending it on down stream to the filters

Comment

Originally posted by xperksx22 View Post
              If I havenít ever used ring free plus for the first 500 hours can I just begin adding it to my fuel along with the sta bil ?
              You should be fine.

I'd do the shock dose myself initially. Then use it regularly (reg mix)

FI systems don't varnish up like a carb / float set up.

Any excess carbon, etc (in the top end) will get blown out the exhaust anyway (won't get into any filters).

Scott

Comment

FWIW, seem I have read Yamaha prose that suggests - for a four stroke -
                changing the engine oil and filter after a first time "shock use" of Ring Free

the premise, apparently,
                that so much combustion chamber carbon is "washed loose" into the oil

Comment

Sorry but how would carbon get in the oil pan?
                  Last edited by walleye1; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                    Sorry but how would carbon get in the oil pan?
                    If the rings are carboned up bad, the RF can loosen it and it could blow past the rings.
                    Scott

Comment

If it would go past the rings the carbon will have to be liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                        If it would go past the rings the carbon will have to be liquid.
                        RF IS liquid. It breaks down carbon. Same as any HD cleaner that will clean and the deposits get in the oil as they get dislodged...
                        Scott

Comment

all motor cleaners I have read about recommend changing the oil and filter after a shock treatment along with the plugs.

I would think even if the carbon does not get into the oil some of the cleaner will

Comment

Working...
                          X