200 hdpi wont stay runing when key released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 hdpi wont stay runing when key released

Help!!! New to me boat, had bad motors on it. It is a 2000 Pro-line 27 with Optimax. I removed the Mercury's and Installed 2 2002 Yamaha 200 HDPI. I purchased the motors complete with all controls, wiring, cables and digital tachs, speedo and fuel management. I installed and wired up both Motors, Port motor starts and runs, seems good gauges work and all looks ok for now. Starboard motor starts and runs, but dies off when I release the key from start position. It doesn't cut right off but seems to die off like running out of fuel. So went ahead and checked wiring to motors on plug, both motors get the same voltages. I tried swapping computers, keys, ignition switches with no luck. If I remove the starter solenoid wire, crank boat and keep the key in crank position motor will stay running. Does not seem like it runs smooth like the other motor but will stay running. I am running out of ideas, seems like if I let go of start position it looses fuel pressure. On fuel rail the psi Shows about 52lb same as other motor. Any suggestions or thoughts?
    Last edited by royal motors; 10-02-2018, 12:20 PM.
Working...
X