Oil Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak

one of my 2012 Yamaha F150's has been leaking engine oil down the front of lower unit for couple years. I pulled power head and installed new oil pump and crank seal and base gasket, still leaks. The leak isnt bad enough to where it uses oil just gets the front of leg damp. Now the second motor is starting the same thing. I always run my oil level within a 1/8" of full mark. Research shows it should be run half way between the two...could this be causing the problem? I'm at my wits end on this. And no its not from filter changes and doesnt leak enough to use a dye. Any thoughts?
    Thanks...

Maybe some grease liquefying due to engine heat and causing it to run down? In any event, maybe not much to worry about...

Comment

Pull off cowling, tilt engines forward, and see if you have any oil pooling at the bottom up front.

Comment

Did you try the test Rodbolt specified on your last thread on this topic??? And you are positive that it is not lower unit oil.

Comment

Have you ever tried the dye?

Comment

carefully clean it.
            block off the crankcase vent.
            spray it with the dye.
            using two water sources, both muffs and the flush port, bring the motor to 1500-2000 rpm for 5-10 min.
            use the black light to find said leak.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              carefully clean it.
              block off the crankcase vent.
              spray it with the dye.
              using two water sources, both muffs and the flush port, bring the motor to 1500-2000 rpm for 5-10 min.
              use the black light to find said leak.
              Maybe OP will attempt it this 2nd time. Or not.

Comment

Working...
              X