Wot not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot not

Determined that my port motor (2005 LF225TURD) has been rigged incorrectly. At WOT the throttle plates are not perpendicular to the airflow. That is to say, not fully open. If I had to guess, I'd say they only open about 80 degrees, not the full Monty.

Furthermore, the throttles on that engine appear to be evenly matched. That is to say, neither side is fully open at WOT. This leads me to believe its the cable, either at the binnacle or the engine. I have yet to dig into the manual, but when I looked at the linkage on the stbd side of the engine, I didn't see anything obvious WRT adjustment.

Throw me a bone.

cf701371d054eaaf49ab5baff233571b.jpg

Just found this installation and rigging PDF. Ought to be a sticky. But, it doesn't go into detail and how to fine tune the throttles. As it is, I also have a bit of stagger between the two throttles. If possible, I'd like to correct that as well.

​​​​​​http://www.motooff.ru/assets/files/d...ogo_motora.pdf

2005 F225 / LF225TURDs
    Last edited by oldmako69; 09-22-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Does anyone else find it to be somewhat peculiar that Mercury has better (more complete and more accurate) data about a Yamaha made motor than Yamaha has?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        Does anyone else find it to be somewhat peculiar that Mercury has better (more complete and more accurate) data about a Yamaha made motor than Yamaha has?
        Makes it seem easy. I have a question that I will ask later to avoid hijacking this thread.
        Last edited by pstephens46; 09-22-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

The outer cable has a groove in it that fits into a holder on the motor. The inner cable is tensioned (pulled) so as to remove any slack. The end fitting terminal is then simply screwed inward or outward so as to fit onto the pin on the throttle lever. Taking care to make sure that the throttle lever is in the fully closed position. It will contact a stopper when it is as fully closed as it can be. The jam nut for the throttle cable terminal fitting is then tightened.

Comment

Prior to installing the engine side cable fittings the control box cable fittings should have been installed using the procedure set for the in the control box manual.

Comment

Working...
            X