Rodnut - What's the latest up there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodnut - What's the latest up there?

You under water, is the roof still on or ???

we aint got nuttin Norton.
    actually we dodged a big one. 100 miles or so north and it would have been bad here in colington.
    did not even blow my ashtray off the picnic table. had one gust that shook the house last night. no water intrusion. maybe 2.5" of rain so far.

Comment

E mail from A friend and his wife in New Bern said they are high and dry in the Hotel they are staying in. said wind and rain is very strong,
      so will have to wait until tomorrow to check on their boat in the marina
      heck I dumped 3.1 " out of my rain gauge this morning

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        E mail from A friend and his wife in New Bern said they are high and dry in the Hotel they are staying in. said wind and rain is very strong,
        so will have to wait until tomorrow to check on their boat in the marina
        heck I dumped 3.1 " out of my rain gauge this morning
        New Bern is flooding......High tide around noon today so may be finally going down.

Comment

1st thing this morning I read that they had a 10 ft surge tide there and then high tide was around noon on top of that, that is why i sent an e mail to them to see how things were going.

found this later in the day. looks like a marina was coming apart in a portion of the clip
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlfN...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Maybe they got lucky with boat.
            let us know.....

Comment

their boat made if fine thru the storm.
              they sent this pic this morning.
              I believe it is a pic from this morning

Comment

I’d fire it up and get the hell out of there. Head North for a few days.

Comment

they took everything they could of value off the boat and put into storage before the storm.
                  So they will have to retrieve all of that before they can head out.
                  not sure how the storage place fared or if and when they can get to it.

but their home made it thru the storm so far

besides lots of debris in the water after a storm like this
                  need some tugs and larger boats to run thru and clear a good path

Comment

Hey there Rodbolt,, Did y'alls stack and shop make it OK too

Comment

dunno, should have. it was a non event here. Ill take it.

Comment

Couldn't help but make comment about how different the world weather is.

Im in Abu Dhabi at the moment, where they are awaiting their sand storm season.

In fact there are no rivers or creeks here, and it doesn't even rain!!!

No business here for gutters, spouting or drains. Umbrellas are non existent.

And I don't think they get sea surges.

Comment

I'm starting to think Weather channel trumps up the storm severity. They are saying Wilmington is practically cutoff, totally flooded. Only one road in/out. Other main road totally collapsed.
                          And...Rodbolt saying it was a "non event".......

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
                            I'm starting to think Weather channel trumps up the storm severity. They are saying Wilmington is practically cutoff, totally flooded. Only one road in/out. Other main road totally collapsed.
                            And...Rodbolt saying it was a "non event".......
                            I agree the Weather Channel hypes these things to increase ratings. Wanchese NC and Wilmington are at least 4 hours apart drive time.

Comment

Working...
                            X