No announcement yet.

Sensor check needed on aisle 4 please Mr. Fairdeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different but somewhat similar schematic. Shows the same inline resistor within the ECU but does not show a connection between the input and output wires at the sensor itself.

Ignore the voltmeter reading. This is from a test question that is asking what is the problem because of the voltage reading.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 09-11-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Not sure what the THW stands for , maybe (the hot wire)

why would they call that resister a pull up resister, in series it should be a drop down (reducing the voltage from the 5 V source)

Comment

Maybe to hot water? I would think it is called a pull up resistor pulling the voltage up at the microprocessor to 5 volt from 4.2 volt, in the event the temp sensor goes open circuit, thereby indicating a fault setting off some sort of indicator.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the circuit, the meter reading merely indicating the resistance ratio between the two resistors shown.

Comment

I should have stayed in school.

Comment

there is no parrelall connection. there is a drawing error.
            they are trying to show the sensor in a pic and failed to isolate the wires.\
            pretty common in translations.
            \

Comment

if you will notice as a technical drawing EVERY wire in that circuit is connected at the ECU AND the sensor.
              drawing error.
              that is where training comes in.
              \I found MANY errors in the CIWS mod 15 baseline one drawings.
              \

Comment

I still do not see how a resister could pull voltage up

Comment

do you understand how PNP or NPN transistors work ?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    there is no parrelall connection. there is a drawing error.
                    they are trying to show the sensor in a pic and failed to isolate the wires.\
                    pretty common in translations.
                    \
                    A crying shame isn't it? Think about the new Yamaha mechanic that comes along and tries to repair a model he has not seen before while using a manual containing errors that he does not yet know about.

Translation errors due to words and sentences I can understand. Errors in diagrams, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      I still do not see how a resister could pull voltage up
                      I am going to be reading this myself later today.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...-resistor.html

Comment

I think I understand how that can take certain parts of the cycle, but if there is a 5 volt power supply how does the resister increase the 4.2 V to 5 v

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

I am going to be reading this myself later today.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...-resistor.html
                          well that helped, but I would have thought all of that would have been part of the 5 V power supply , and not shown in the diagram itself

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            I think I understand how that can take certain parts of the cycle, but if there is a 5 volt power supply how does the resister increase the 4.2 V to 5 v
                            If you are referring to the diagram I posted that makes it appear as if the voltage is normally 4.2 volts that is not the case. The diagram relates to a test question that is asking why there is a problem with the volt meter reading 4.2 volts. I should have removed the volt meter from the diagram before I posted it.

The diagram was intended to only show a system where output voltage was X and input voltage was Y, and that the system was measuring Y to derive the engine temperature.

Comment

and this is where a bit of training takes over.
                              one must understand voltage,current,resistaance and what to expect.
                              the rest is keep the smoke in and PFM.

Comment

reminds me of what we use to call light bulbs. (Dark Suckers)
                                Once the got filled up with all of the darkness they could hold,
                                we needed to put new ones in to suck up more of that darkness so people could see properly.

PFM has me scratching my head again

Comment

Working...
                                X