Florence and Rodnut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence and Rodnut

Florence has Rodnut in its cross hairs. Better get ready.

gonna keep an eye out. I probly wont leave but I may send the wife south.
    gotta tend my kitties.

Comment

a friend of mine sold everything some time back and is currently living on a boat.
      they headed back from the Bahamas and was slowly heading up the east coast taking in the sites on the way.
      Him, his wife, and cats are currently in New Bern grand marina,NC
      said they will stay were they are
      and have a reservation for the hotel there if they need to leave the boat

I am not sure how far he could travel in the few days before the storm hits,
      but If it was me I would probably pick a direction and head out to see.
      of course picking the wrong direction could be very bad also.
      roll them dice

Comment

If it turns southward to spare rodnut it might get pstephens46. We could use some rain however.

Comment

How many times has the cone dropped south?
          Thought it was mainly moving north on the updates.

but I have not been keeping up with it much since it does not affect me.
          One of the next ones may thou

over here we want the landfall to be east of us for the dry side and less surge from the wind pushing the water into land
          over there on the east coast they wanting it to hit north of them.

seems like any time a storm hits the Gulf our tides rise even when it is no where near us or heading in our direction
          Last edited by 99yam40; 09-09-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            If it turns southward to spare rodnut it might get pstephens46. We could use some rain however.
            The cone or average of all models has shifted a bit north in the last 36 hours. Curious to see what will happen in the next 12 hours. In the past the shift typically moves in the same direction. Maybe I’m just remembering Irma.

Comment

Stay safe when Lady Florence comes a calling.

SH

Comment

My Niece is in South Carolina for a while, not exactly sure how it will be there, bit hard to kind of assess things like this from the other side of the world, maps aren't quite like knowing where things are.

Comment

Dang, seahorse lives .depends on what part of SC your niece is at. looks like the area around Wilmington NC is a target.
                  means we flood here on the soundside of the outer banks.

Comment

Get them generators running and lots of fuel!

Good luck to all affected...
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                      Dang, seahorse lives .depends on what part of SC your niece is at. looks like the area around Wilmington NC is a target.
                      means we flood here on the soundside of the outer banks.
                      She is in Mount Pleasant (where ever that is) over there for a year, only been there a few weeks, so I guess this will be "interesting" for her, she was contacted last night be her mother and it seems evacuation is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                        She is in Mount Pleasant (where ever that is) over there for a year, only been there a few weeks, so I guess this will be "interesting" for her, she was contacted last night be her mother and it seems evacuation is possible.
                        Mt Pleasant is basically Charleston. Nice place except for an occasional hurricane. Studying?

Comment

No, she is on a kind of exchange live in housekeeper/nanny/child care, pretty common, you can ask for certain countries and a kind of agency matches up people and does all the legal checks to make sure it's all safe and above board, someone from there is now over here, good way to see places by actually living there, except when a Hurricane is about to hit, what's the boating like there, is it worth "visiting" her?

Comment

kind of hard to see the new places if you are taking care of kids.
                            reason for the wife to hire one is so she can get around and do other things.

but heard there is good fishing up there

I guess it depends on what you want to fish for

Comment

It's not exactly 24 hour baby sitting, more a 9-5 "job" with weekends off and so on, it's pretty hard to get qualifications to do it here, all sorts of child care certificates and experience, first aid and the like are required, I know a few people that have been to several counties, stayed with some great people, who took them on vacations and stuff, it's not for everybody, just something different. No idea about the area itself, looked at maps and did some googling, looks pretty good, but this Hurricane might be a beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X