X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Oil Filter numberinig system

I am confused regarding the Yamaha Oil filter numbering system
    Sure hope one of you can help me out

The 5GH-13400-60 is what the SM calls for my Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV 4-stroke liquid cooled engine
    The 5GH-13400-00 is what the SM calls for my F90TLR - which is no longer available, I was told the 5GH-13400-30 is the replacement - is that true?
    Now I see the -30 is no longer available.

Is the 5GH-13400-70 the proper filter for the F90TLR? Can it be used on the Kodiak?

What is the difference between the -60 and the -70 other than the $$

Was hoping to use the same filter on both engines if possible

Retired and Loving Life

are you sure about the numbers you posted?

I have no idea what will actually work
    this shows something very close to you #s that are in stock, and shows a list of stuff it says it will fit
    https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/5GH-13440-00-00

Comment

I see on another website, in the description for the 5GH-13440-70-00:

"Superseded from Part # 5GH-13440-30-00, 5GH-13440-00-00 "

I am uncomfortable with that phrasing;

but I assume it means what Boscoe has explained many times, in principle, regarding Yamaha parts:

"if you order part number 5GH-13440-00-00 or 5GH-13440-30-00 - you will receive 5GH-13440-70-00"

Comment

Yes sure about the part numbers or as sure as I am about anything these days

Sure wish I could find out what the differences actually are
        Especially between the -60 Vs -70 Last place I ordered them there was a $2.50 price difference
        Heard some time ago there is also a -50 that is the Marine version but lets not confuse the issue even more
        Would like to stock just one version for the two Yamaha's
        I have several WIX 51358 filters that were a replacement for the -00 version but are not listed as cross for the -30 -60 or -70
        Retired and Loving Life

Comment

5GH-13440- is the base part number. Not 5GH13400.

The -00-00 for the F90 has been replaced by the -70-00 filter. The -30-00 filter also supercedes to the -70-00 filter.

The -60-00 does not supercede to the -70-00.

The -60-00 looks to be used on the Yamaha F70 and lower HP models. https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/5GH-13440-60-00

The -70-00 looks to be used on the Yamaha F75 through F115 models. https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/5GH-13440-70-00

Outside of an engineer in Japan and an employee of the filter maker no one is going to know the differences. I would suspect it is the length. Maybe more filtration capacity.

Will both dash numbers physically fit and work in lieu of the other? I am guessing so. Since you have both products give them a try. As to whether they should be used interchangeably I cannot hazard a guess.

Comment

I just explained it all but then got a notice saying it looked to be spam. Sent to a moderator for review I suppose. WTF.

Comment

[QUOTE=fairdeal;n210024]I see on another website, in the description for the 5GH-13440-70-00:

"Superseded from Part # 5GH-13440-30-00, 5GH-13440-00-00 "

I am uncomfortable with that phrasing;

but I assume it means what Boscoe has explained many times, in principle, regarding Yamaha parts:

"if you order part number 5GH-13440-00-00 or 5GH-13440-30-00 - you will receive 5GH-13440-70-00"[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredGuy View Post
                Yes sure about the part numbers or as sure as I am about anything these days

Sure wish I could find out what the differences actually are
                Especially between the -60 Vs -70 Last place I ordered them there was a $2.50 price difference
                Heard some time ago there is also a -50 that is the Marine version but lets not confuse the issue even more
                Would like to stock just one version for the two Yamaha's
                I have several WIX 51358 filters that were a replacement for the -00 version but are not listed as cross for the -30 -60 or -70
                About 90 cents difference from boats.net
                https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/5GH-13440-60-00

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/5GH-13440-70-00

Comment

I guess there is a difference between the two even at ,$1.00 at boats.net
                  Guess anything made for marine use gets a premium price attached
                  Sure would like to know the difference between the -60 and -70
                  Standing them side by side they look the same with exception of the part number
                  Retired and Loving Life

Comment

They are the same,,,, just superseded part number. Yamaha likes doing that.

Comment

You can send an email to YamahaJapan.com to inquire. They typically respond in 2-3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                        I just explained it all but then got a notice saying it looked to be spam. Sent to a moderator for review I suppose. WTF.
                        It’s the long arm of Paul Blart reaching from TOS.

Comment

Cut them open and take a look inside please. After they have been used of course.

More media, less media, different media, or ???

Comment

I never buy Yam oil filters.

http://www.oilfilter-crossreference....9J-13440-00-00

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

You can send an email to YamahaJapan.com to inquire. They typically respond in 2-3 days.
                              Yamaha Japan is waiting to here from sirry Amelican.

Comment

Working...
                              X