F225TXRF250TXR Temperature Indication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225TXRF250TXR Temperature Indication

Who has an NMEA 2000 device connected to this model? What are the normal operating temperatures that you see?

Do you have YDIS? Is the temperature seen on YDIS the same as or similar to what is seen on the NMEA 2000 display?

Fairdeal?

Good morning, Boscoe

I have never seen the N2K value on the Garmin not match YDIS -
    (excepting that YDIS displays tenths and the Garmin round degrees)

However, I have not compared it on many occasions.

"normal" operating temp for my F225TRD is "around" 180 F when running between 3800-4000 rpms.

Lower - down to ~160 F - at idle and when *****ing at 1600-1800

I rarely go over 4200 rpms, and am usually alone in the boat,
    but I've noticed temp will rise over 4500 rpms

The highest I've ever seen was 205 F
    that was with four souls on board, and a few miles sustained running at ~4500 rpms

[/url]

Comment

What do you (fairdeal) think of the comments at this post? One guy says that the output is "factored) to represent water temperature. News to me if it is.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=926521

Comment

302 degrees for the thermosensor to set the alarm? Wow!

Comment

Mine runs 160 *****ing, 180 around 4500 and 200 at 5500. Thats from my Simrad that doesn't give me a depth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post
            Mine runs 160 *****ing, 180 around 4500 and 200 at 5500. Thats from my Simrad that doesn't give me a depth reading.
            What model motor?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              302 degrees for the thermosensor to set the alarm? ***!
              If you can believe Yamaha data, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

What model motor?
                225trx or as Rodbolt would call it a 225txrd cause it has the plug for data.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post

225trx or as Rodbolt would call it a 225txrd cause it has the plug for data.
                  I would guess it to be an F225TXRD. F as in four stroke. No two stroke models other than HPDI's output Command Link data.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    What do you (fairdeal) think of the comments at this post? One guy says that the output is "factored) to represent water temperature. News to me if it is.
                    Interesting. My initial reaction is: b.s.

But then I am surprised to learn that the SHO (4.2L, yes?) has an overheat alarm point of 302 F.

That's substantially higher than the 3.3 F225, at 248 F.

I'm assuming that since the overheat point is higher, so is the "normal operating temperature"

Now, what is the purpose of the Yamaha "NMEA 2000" output?
                    to feed a Command Link gauge, right?
                    which indicates temperature in "bars" between "L" and "H" ?

Yamaha doesn't care about people connecting up their MFDs to "steal" the CL data

If Yamaha has already engineered the CL gauge based on "normal" conditions
                    and then they come up with a new engine design that runs considerably hotter

is the CL gauge going to pegged on full bars - "H" - when running normally?

isn't that going to upset the owners - seeing their new SHO running maxxed out on "H" temperature?

So maybe its plausible,
                    that Yamaha programmed the SHO ECM to "adjust" the temp value that its outputs for Command Link

Comment

Thoughtful consideration Fairdeal. Damn shame that we don’t have some sort of Official Yam Rep participating to confirm your deduction. Yamaha seems surrounded by mystery. Maybe it’s just corporate Japan.

Comment

[QUOTE=Keith Ohanesian;n209878]

225trx or as Rodbolt would call it a 225txrd cause it has the plug for data.[/QUOTE

Sorry f225trx

Comment

big diff twixt the old 3.3 and the later 4.2.
                          the 4.2 typically will show around 259* at about 5800.
                          normal.
                          it is where they located the sensor on the 4.2
                          not all Yamahas are the same even though the HP plate is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                            the 4.2 typically will show around 259* at about 5800.
                            normal.
                            That's looking with YDIS, yes?

Am I correct that Command Link gauges only show "bars" for temp - not numbers?

Do you recall what a CL gauge is showing at around 259 F engine temp?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

That's looking with YDIS, yes?

Am I correct that Command Link gauges only show "bars" for temp - not numbers?

Do you recall what a CL gauge is showing at around 259 F engine temp?
                              All the CL gauges that I am familiar with show bars only.

Got me to thinking now about the temperature output from the ECU. If normal for one motor is say 200* but maybe 230* for a different motor, how does the bar scale know to show mid-range for both motor types, with each having a different temperature?

Comment

Working...
                              X