No announcement yet.

Well crap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the marina's down here are all ethanol free... And more $ of course.

There's some regular stations with Non-E, probably 7 miles away.

That F150 is so stingy on fuel, I can run (use the boat), all day on 5 gallons.
    The old V6 2 stroke, 3 times the fuel use...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Marina fuel is about .40/gal more here, but it's still e10.

Comment

here non e is a little over $1.00 a gallon more

Comment

Rebuilt Bosch injectors did the trick. Runs great again. For how long I do not know. 60 bucks on eBay.

Comment

was that $60 each?

Comment

$60 for the set of 6, which is less than I pay to have 6 tested, cleaned and then re-tested. That was the best price I've ever seen on a set. So I snatched them up.

The 6 that came out will be shipped out for cleaning since it's likely at least one of them is ****ed up.
              Last edited by oldmako69; 09-22-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

good buy it they hold up

Comment

Curious what you mean by that. OEM FI's, cleaned and reinstalled. As far as I can tell, the only thing that can mess them up is heat and crappy fuel. I figure that the engineers planned on the heat and that crappy fuel is the great unknown. The proof is in the pudding. The engine ran great for 100 hours, then suddenly shat itself. I dug in and found a thoroughly clogged VST screen. That was only a partial fix with a steady misfire upon reassembly. I jam in some clean FI's and it's back to being a string trimmer.

I dunno, they appear exactly like the ones I removed. I am far more concerned about the crap fuel eating the hoses, and then clogging them than I am the injectors themselves.
                  Last edited by oldmako69; 09-22-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

just getting what you pay for come to mind, you got a good deal

Comment

While I agree with the idea, the boat ran great for the last 150 hours with a 20 dollar Hi-PSI pump and a 70 dollar Lo-PSI pump as opposed to the 500ish dollar units that Yam sells. Perhaps my injector clogged because of those pumps, but I suspect e10 had a lot more to do with it.

I have not looked, but I'd bet an Andy Jackson that the injectors in an F225 are identical to those in dozens of other engines and are only idiotically overpriced when you specify an F225 engine, not the same indicators in a snowmobile, etc.

Either way, fingers crossed.
                      Last edited by oldmako69; 09-25-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

The injectors on the F225 as well as my F150 are just little plastic heaps o shite. Nothing special. Fancy? Get an hpdi injector or one of
                        the plunger diesel injectors like the boys at work have to deal with...I’d like to have a gander at one of the F425 injectors. 2900psi gasoline injectors...

Comment

Working...
                        X