No announcement yet.

2004 f225 txrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen that cup design before on Yam motors. With those vertical lines. Damn if I can remember what motor it was.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Guess it threw you off when Rod said that motor did not come with WIF, it did me

But I did mention it and fairdeal said the harness was capable ,so it has a place to hook it up to but the ECU probably does not show it
      a leaning experience for several of us
      I just wonder what the ECU does with the information it receives. Apparently, it translates the information when the wires are shorted as Dual Engine Switch on, but from what I have read, if you put the engine in gear, it will go off, but that did not happen. I put it in forward and reverse and the horn persisted. Oh well, it's off to fishing when I get the new cup and get it back on. I also found a small bolt missing on the input tubes on cylinder #3. I found the bolt when I first removed the power head, but did not realize where it had come from and have since lost it. I ordered that bolt also. The bolt screws in just after the section with the butterfly valve. Only thing I can think of is that when removed, you can clean the chamber or I do not know what except it lets more air into the intake.

Comment

Guess it threw you off when Rod said that motor did not come with WIF, it did me

But I did mention it and fairdeal said the harness was capable ,so it has a place to hook it up to but the ECU probably does not show it
        a leaning experience for several of us
        But I believe he did say that it was an option

Comment

So I am guessing that the ECU was what was grounding the pink wire after all

Comment

So I am guessing that the ECU was what was grounding the pink wire after all
            It must have been. After the key was turned to "start" and it started then the grounded wire from the filter told the ECU something to have it ground the pink wire to activate the buzzer. Once I get the parts I need to finish this, I am going to put the air box on and run it for awhile and then put the YDS back on just to make sure, but I am fairly confident that the cure is a new fuel filter cup.
            Last edited by rpambrun; 09-06-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post

I also found a small bolt missing on the input tubes on cylinder #3. I found the bolt when I first removed the power head, but did not realize where it had come from and have since lost it. I ordered that bolt also. The bolt screws in just after the section with the butterfly valve.
              One of these?

their purpose is to provide access for a vacuum gauge device, when syncing the throttle bodies.

If missing, the engine is for sure not going to be running "optimally" - but beyond that, I'd be guessing...

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post

But I believe he did say that it was an option
                Option? Not many options on these motors. Order a model and it is what it is. At least in 2004.

did you order the $10 clear cup or the $150 cup with wire?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

One of these?

their purpose is to provide access for a vacuum gauge device, when syncing the throttle bodies.

If missing, the engine is for sure not going to be running "optimally" - but beyond that, I'd be guessing...

Thanks for that Fairdeal. I looked the procedure up in the SM and I have a new bolt and gasket coming with the new cup. I did find the old one under the power head when I first removed it, but I can't for the life of me remember where I put it

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Option? Not many options on these motors. Order a model and it is what it is. At least in 2004.

did you order the $10 clear cup or the $150 cup with wire?
                    I ordered the one with the wire for $105 on boats net

Comment

Working...
                    X