2005 90 2 stroke trim unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 90 2 stroke trim unit

I ordered and installed this used trim unit from flea bay, works good out of the water. In the water it will
    trim the engine at 1/4 throttle but not at full throttle. I am waiting for the customer to get the boat back
    to me to water test it.

interesting, sounds like it does not have enough pressure to overcome the load put on it under heavy RPM.
    but then is there more load while it is up on plane or when plowing?

Comment

I am jut going off of what the customer is telling me. I will water test it tomorrow.

Comment

Maybe that's why it was sold on flea bay?.......faulty unit..

Comment

may just be the pressure relief valve screw isnt screwed in all the way. Mine did this when it was new on 1st day of breaking it in and it was just the pressure relief valve that wasnt screwed in all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MobyHick View Post
            may just be the pressure relief valve screw isnt screwed in all the way. Mine did this when it was new on 1st day of breaking it in and it was just the pressure relief valve that wasnt screwed in all the way.
            I would think if that was the problem it would not stay up even under low RPM, but does not cost anything to check it to make sure it is snugged up.

he said it would not trim up, not that it would drop back down or stay where it was set at.
            sounds like some of the old power tilt but not trim set ups

Walleye1 will find out what is happening soon and get back to us.
            Last edited by 99yam40; 08-23-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

It was the relief valve
              Last edited by walleye1; 08-23-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Very interesting, I would not have thought that it would only affect high speed trimming

Comment

Working...
                X