Throttle Body Position Sensor 2013 Yamaha F225 4.2LT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Position Sensor 2013 Yamaha F225 4.2LT

Throttle Body Position Sensor 2013 Yamaha F225 4.2LT Where abouts is it located in the engine ?? Thanks Guys

I may have got this wrong -
    but AFAIK the (two) Throttle Position Sensors (TPS)
    are under that Bakelite cover on the side of the Electronic Throttle Valve
    (I'm guessing there's a stepping motor in there, too)

Comment

Comment

I have not heard bakelite in a while...aka polyoxybenzylmethyleneglycolanhydride

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
          I have not heard bakelite in a while...aka polyoxybenzylmethyleneglycolanhydride
          How about Micarta?

Watching some American Pickers shows it is a great find to come across and early bakelite radio. Very high tech in its time.

Comment

My dad had a couple of old tube radios...several where wood but I think one was made from bakelite maybe.

Comment

I still have a simpson 260 and two CD-77 in a bakealite case.

Comment

many moons ago we found a large rectifier transformer core had been put back into its case backward, so we ran some buss bar inside under the oil level to get the unit wired up properly instead of cutting the top off and putting it in right.
                We used some real thick Micata to brace the buss bar.
                come to find out that micarta does not hold up well to 15kv line voltage for long even under oil.
                It went phase to phase

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  many moons ago we found a large rectifier transformer core had been put back into its case backward, so we ran some buss bar inside under the oil level to get the unit wired up properly instead of cutting the top off and putting it in right.
                  We used some real thick Micata to brace the buss bar.
                  come to find out that micarta does not hold up well to 15kv line voltage for long even under oil.
                  It went phase to phase
                  The only way that I'd understand this post LESS, is if you wrote it in Sanskrit. Now you know why you have to type slowly when explaining YamFixes to me. I am old enough to remember Bakelite, however. And brake spoons, points, and condensers.

Comment

Not many people are familiar with large rectifier transformers much less high voltage transformers and their inside make up, so you are not the only one I am sure.
                    I too am heading to my 66 birthday this year in Oct

I was just trying to make reference to Micarta not being a good insulator for high voltage and the way I found out

Comment

And the poor OP who just joined here just wanted to know where in the heck the TPS was????? He is probably really confused now as are several of us maybe?
                      Dennis
                      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

I am sure he had the input he needed on the 1st couple of posts

Comment

Working...
                        X