"Check Engine" on Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Check Engine" on Guage

My boat has twin Yamaha 250's. F250 & LF250 from 2006. They have about 1300 hours. 1000 mile check done last year.

While running out for albacore I sometimes see my starboard F250 flash a "check Engine" message on the guage. I will then check the guage and the temp, oil and voltage all are good. I can clear the message with the mode key.

I am ordering YDIS 1.33 from a fellow boater. Can this program tell me what this warning means?

Any advice as to what I need to check?

Randy in Oregon.

yes it can.
    you can also,if command link equipped, simply turn the key on. press and hold the mode button about 15 seconds, any active codes will then be displayed.

Comment

How do you determine if you have Command Link? I don't recall seeing anything about this feature in the owners manual. Do my 2005 F225 TURD's have that? If so, where are the codes displayed, explained?

Comment

It is a engine monitor display on the dash that is hoked to the engine.

Comment

090914_Signals_promo.png

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
            How do you determine if you have Command Link? I don't recall seeing anything about this feature in the owners manual. Do my 2005 F225 TURD's have that? If so, where are the codes displayed, explained?
            What are your engine serial numbers? What are the dash numbers of your ECU's? Do you have a snow white four pin connector in the front of the engine pan that has but two wires connected to it? Blue and white?

Comment

I can't answer those questions as I am not near the boat. As near as I can tell from looking online, I do not have these type gauges. The display appears different than mine. But, I will check next time I pop the cowl.

Many thanks.

Comment

Two things minimum are needed. The engine needs to be Command Link capable and the gauges need to the Command Link type. Or an NMEA 2000 display used in the place of a CL gauge.

Comment

Thanks. I don't believe that my gauges are the type, so my engines probably don't have the capability. The whole thing was sold new as a package. Sorry to derail the thread.

Comment

I'll look at mine, I think I have the square CL gauges.

Comment

not wishing to be capt obvious here, but ONLY command link can display check engine. use the tool twixt the ears.
                      read the freaking manual.

Comment

RODBOLT17, YOU ARE CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. And ensign oblivious.

I suppose I could drive 2 hours to the boat to get my manual. Or you could be helpful. Likely not both.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by No Bail View Post
                            RODBOLT17, YOU ARE CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. And ensign oblivious.

I suppose I could drive 2 hours to the boat to get my manual. Or you could be helpful. Likely not both.

seems he told you how to get it in post #2 ,just in case you did not read the reply

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                              not wishing to be capt obvious here, but ONLY command link can display check engine. use the tool twixt the ears.
                              read the freaking manual.
                              ????? What?????

Below is from a VZ200/225/250/300 Owner's manual with reference to funtionality of the conventional multi-function tachometer.

Someone slept while in the school house it appears. Now it won't display codes but it can display a check engine icon.

Comment

Working...
                              X