2 bent valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bent valves

I recently bought a used 2009 Yamaha F150TXRH and come to find out it had 2 bent intake valves. After talking them apart and ordered 2 new valves, (69j-12111-00) the valves are totally different. I'm out of ideas?

The very first F150 and the latest 2.7 liter F150 all use the same intake and exhaust valves. No change in part number. 63P-12111-00-00 for the intake valve and 63P-12121-00-00 for the exhaust valve.

Are there any markings on the valves that you just purchased? No reason that I can see why the new valves would be any different.

Comment

maybe the OP just thinks he has a F150

Comment

I would be wondering how the valves got bent in the first place?

Comment

that brings up the question if all of the valves are the original from when motor left the factory or did someone throw some odd ones in some places

Comment

Is there a difference between 69j-12111-00 and 63p-12111-00 boscoe99? The new valves that I bought are 69j. But on the old valves it says 63p on top of the valve. Every scamatic that I've check says part number 69j-12111-00 same as the local dealer is saying.

Comment

Is there any damage to the piston tops?
              2002 KW 1720

Comment

No, one of the cam was broke. I've changed that everything else is nice.

Comment

Is that number on all of the valves or just the ones that are bent?

Comment

All of them. One is bent the other one has a little pitting on it. They are all coded 63P.

Comment

Now I'm wondering if I should just order 2 (63p-12111-00) and 69j-12111-00 are the wrong ones. The 69j ones are way too short they would never fit.

Comment

sounds like that is what needs to be done.
                        look at this web site parts up at the top right of page and punch in the part numbers.
                        both #s show to be fore 150s
                        just need to figure out if someone changed power head or something on this motor to screw up the info

Comment

Boscoe is confused. A 2.7 liter F150 is a 63P model. An F225 is a 69J model.

For some reason the Yamaha parts catalogs (three places) are showing a 69J- valve for a F150. Is not making sense at the moment.

A 63P valve is available in Yamaha US's inventory. I think you have valves for an F225. I think the parts catalogs are hosed.

Comment

Well Boscoe. We might of solved a mistery. Everything your saying is making sense. For the matter of $50 I'm gonna order the 63P valves. I'll let you all know.

Comment

Working...
                            X