No announcement yet.

F150 flush hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since new I have flushed mine in a 100 gal. farm tub using some Dawn dishwashing detergent, and turning the engine so the pee stream goes out of the tub into the grass. I keep the hose in the tub supplying water the whole time. Then after about 15 minutes I turn off engine and flush for another 5 minutes on the flush attachment. Last year when I replaced the t-stats the inside looked like new. This may be overkill but it seems to work good. Boat was primarily run in salt. (Now will ALWAYS be salt as I have retired to Sunset Beach, NC)

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
      Since new I have flushed mine in a 100 gal. farm tub using some Dawn dishwashing detergent, and turning the engine so the pee stream goes out of the tub into the grass. I keep the hose in the tub supplying water the whole time. Then after about 15 minutes I turn off engine and flush for another 5 minutes on the flush attachment. Last year when I replaced the t-stats the inside looked like new. This may be overkill but it seems to work good. Boat was primarily run in salt. (Now will ALWAYS be salt as I have retired to Sunset Beach, NC)
      I remember when Sunset had a drawbridge. Well, it actually rotated I think...

Comment

Yes it was a pontoon bridge that was pulled back and forth with cables. It opened on the hour unless you were a commercial fisherman or tug pushing a barge or CG. Many a times we didn't make the bridge in time for the opening and had to sit until the top of the hour. Now it is a nice high modern bridge and the state put in a nice ramp where the road led down to the old bridge...about half a mile from my house which is on the intracoastal waterway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
          Yes it was a pontoon bridge that was pulled back and forth with cables. It opened on the hour unless you were a commercial fisherman or tug pushing a barge or CG. Many a times we didn't make the bridge in time for the opening and had to sit until the top of the hour. Now it is a nice high modern bridge and the state put in a nice ramp where the road led down to the old bridge...about half a mile from my house which is on the intracoastal waterway.
          Pontoon may have been before my time. I thought they had a mechanical version before the flyover.

Comment

Down here in Sarget Tx where I mainly fish we have the last remaining draw bridge in Tx.
            floating section that gets pulled around to the side once they raise the ramps on both sides to it.
            they are in the process of putting in a bridge over the ICW, but will have corkscrew on both sides because there is not enough land on the south side .
            not sure why they did not plan a regular entrance on the north side. maybe dealing with wet lands

Comment

Yes 99, that is the same kind of bridge that was here in Sunset.

Comment

This was the bridge. My house is just past the upper right hand corner of the pic about a quarter mile.

Comment

Working...
                X