Cross reference number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross reference number

I am looking for a stator part number 6H0-85510-01-00 and everything I find says it is not available. I have found a couple of sites that have a 6H0-85510-03-00 but nothing saying the original part crosses over to this one. I was hoping Bosco or some one would be able to tell me if it does indeed cross. This is for a 1997 80 HP 2 stroke. Idont have my serial number handy but I can get it later if needed,

Is this a C80? Complete engine ID would be useful.

Comment

I think the -03-00 will work. Here's why:

A 1997 90TLRV used a 6H0-85510-01-00 stator assembly (same as a 1997 C80), a 6H1-W0090-43-4D block, a 6H0-85550-00-00 rotor, a 6H0-85580-01-00 pulser coil and a 6H2-85895-01-00 crank position sensor. Also all used on the 1997 C80.

A 2001 90TLRZ used all of the same parts except for the stator assembly. It used part number 6H0-85510-02-00. The -02-00 stator assembly has been replaced by a -03-00 stator assembly.

The -03-00 stator assembly works with all of the other related parts that are used on the 1997 C80 model. Therefor, it should be form, fit and function interchangeable with your -01-00 stator assembly.

Comment

Yes it is a c80 . Trying to remember C80LTRV I will verify when I get home, Thanks

Comment

C80 TLRV is what I meant

Comment

If you look at Rodbolts explanation a couple of posts ago, he explains how yamaha part numbers work. 1st number is the model of motor that part was first used on, 2nd number is the part description, 3rd number is the revision number for same part, and 4th number is paint code if applicable. Using that, it should work perfectly. Please correct me if I got that wrong.

Comment

In 99.9% of the time a -01-00 will work for a -00-00 and a -02-00 will work for a -01-00, etc..

It is the 0.1% that can get you.

Comment

or
                simply order the original part number and Yamaha will send the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  or
                  simply order the original part number and Yamaha will send the latest version.
                  The problem in this case is that the -01-00 does not supercede to the -02-00. It shows as being an inactive part with no replacement number given. I suspect it is simply a database error that has never been corrected. Order the -00-00 or the -01-00 and the response will be the part is no longer available.

Ever heard of Victor Ray at Yamaha US? He was THE parts man there. When he left (retired) he took tons of information in his head with him. He had one hellava memory.

It is gonna be like that at Joe's Marine with Rodnut retires to Venezuela.

Comment

It is gonna be like that at Joe's Marine with Rodnut retires to Venezuela.

Comment

I guess they still have internet in Venezuela. Rodnut will have to offer his advice and counsel (and cryptic comments) from there.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                        I guess they still have internet in Venezuela. Rodnut will have to offer his advice and counsel (and cryptic comments) from there.
                        I believe a loaf of bread is about $1200 with the inflation. All that oil and suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

I believe a loaf of bread is about $1200 with the inflation. All that oil and suffering.
                          What does that tell anyone about socialiismm? Yet we have people here in the US that are advocating for it.

It is great until you run out of other peoples money.

Comment

Boscoe, thank you for your input. I did contact CDI and they said that stator was a repair and return item only they didn't have a cross reference either. I asked them about the 03 and they couldn't confirm that it was a replacement. I guess I will be sending it off for repair.

Comment

No one is going to stick their neck out and confirm that the -03-00 stator assembly will work. I would bet my money on it if I needed one. Having said that, if CDI can repair your stator assembly then that is one way to go. Might even save some money.

Comment

Working...
                              X