Idle needle port plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle needle port plugs

Any ideas on getting them out on 88 200 carbs? It's the big brass round thing above the idle needle that would take a big flat head screwdriver but I can't get it to budge. Idle needle tip broke off and I need to get in there. The plugs come in most carb kits but I've never had any luck getting them out.

Perhaps a picture of the carb?

Comment

STOP
      leave them dang plugs alone.
      unless you wish to post about cracked carbs.
      there is NOTHING under them but holes.

Comment

sounds like he already has a broken needle screw tip stuck in there, so good chance he will need another carb anyway

Comment

BQUICK, are all the threads of the screw out, just the tip left???

If so, you should be able to tap the carb (holding the broke part downwards) on a hard surface (within reason) to loosen, let gravity help remove it..

Part #27? : https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...txg/carburetor
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

try using air pressure,

Comment

#21 is the brass plug I'm referring to. 27 is just the phllips screw for the stainless cover.

I tapped carb after removing needle and blasted with air. Maybe it is out. Put a new needle in but it doesn't stop the same way as the others so I thought tiny tip is wedged in there.
              I'm thinking air pressure after removing plug would get it outta there.

Comment

If there is the old tip still in there, with the new screw installed, it should have buggered up the new one's pointy end.

How's the new screw look when you remove it?

Also, is the idle changing at all when the screw is adjusted?.
                Scott

Comment

Not sure...I gently seated the new screw. It looks OK. Mix does seem to adjust but screwed all the way in doesn't kill that cylinder like the others so I'm thinking tip is still in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
                    Not sure...I gently seated the new screw. It looks OK. Mix does seem to adjust but screwed all the way in doesn't kill that cylinder like the others so I'm thinking tip is still in there.
                    Sounds like it... A machine shop may be able to extract it for you..
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
                      or the passages or seat is all out of whack from someone screwing the needle in to far/hard

Comment

Working...
                      X